JKS
Years ago

Lightning Point Guard

From what I have noticed, the lightning do not have a point guard while Erin is injured.

Who will run the point?

Narelle Lindsay has retired from the Aba although there is a chance she could return to the Wnbl still.

Angela Marino has been spoken to however the coach is not a fan of her attitude and how it will fit in with the team.

Erin Lorenzini is a good choice however lacks experience.

If I had my choice I would sign Natalie Hurst and they have a chamiponship team or

........... Vikki Kelson as a outside chance.

Once Erin is back, either of these can come in off the bench and perform well as could Narelle.

Are there any other options?

Topic #12036 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Curious as to why Kelson doesn't play at WNBL level?

Reply #140472 | Report this post

S  
Years ago

I know that Sarah Costello came to play ABA here to have Chris Lucas be able to see her game before WNBL began....
Have no idea as to any outcomes with that one though.

Reply #140482 | Report this post

JKS  
Years ago

She played for the Lightning when she was younger however did not receive many minutes with other quality guards and then got axed for younger players.

I think even now in her prime she would go well in the point position for any wnbl team.

Reply #140492 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Lorenzini,easily would fill in, don't be shocked if Jess Foley is given the task in the interim.

Reply #140501 | Report this post

wnba crazy  
Years ago

the PG situation is solved - just hasnt been made public - we know what is happening guys!

once erin is back we will have the best guard combo in teh league for many years.

camino is killing them in moscow at the moment - 49 points and only 5 turn overs in 3 games.

our guard rotation will be -

phillips
foley
camino
marino / lorenzini
full stop

Reply #140540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foley, Camino and Woosnam will share the ball cartrying while Phillips is out

Reply #140581 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

in regards to vicki not playing and why, i believe it had nothing to do with being axed! it was her choice and her choice only... im not sure where people get there info from??
and i agree that she would still make an excellent p.g for any team.

Reply #140599 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i actually believe that this is vickis last year of playing?? can some1 confirm?

Reply #140600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its definately Vickis last season. The way she played 2 weeks ago against North she could still be huge asset for the Lightning

Reply #140604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vicki is South's ABL womens coach next year is the rumour going around.

Reply #140627 | Report this post

Moose70  
Years ago

Angela Marino is playing at MVP level this season.

How could you not have her running the point while Phillips is recovering?

Lorenzini has not shown that she is able to step up to the next level. And none of the other players above can play point for a top team.

Reply #140648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jess Foley...easy!!
Marino too...if she plays..

Reply #140657 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

anon i heard that rumour as well and felt good about the slagging i gave glen shaw. could a south person please state as to why this so called good coach by big kahuna is being released with a year left on his contract?

Reply #140710 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Great guard rotation but all of them are used to playing big minutes which could be interesting.

Chris may have afight on his hand sif they all dont get equal minutes!!!

Reply #140833 | Report this post

wind squall  
Years ago

moose 70 - you are way off line - lorenzini has shown she can step up

Reply #140853 | Report this post

J Packer  
Years ago

Booga ur luv for Glen is a strong as ever. LOL. All because he once cut ur daughter.
Glen still has one more year left on his contract and WILL be coaching South ABL womens team next season.

Reply #141039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J Packer that maybe so but doesn't mean he'll be there next year. Contracts can and are broken all the time. My mail is he will not be there and Vicki will get the job if she wants it. I have nothing to do with the club so this is only a rumor but came from someone reliable and close to the situation.

Reply #141153 | Report this post

Michael Kelso  
Years ago

I think you are all underestimating Vicki as a person, She would not stab her coach in the back, she has a great deal of respect for him and her teammates, not to mention a high standard of integrity towards the sport. If Kelson takes over a head coaching position in the future it would not be the result of bad circumstances for anyone involved.

Reply #141288 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

just to clear something up glen has never coached my daughter thankfuly.
M kelso yes she has alot of repect for her teammates but trust me she doesn't have it for the coach.
if she isn't the coach next season then she will be the year after that!!

Reply #141416 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

booga do u actually know vicki as a person? im thinking not! cos let me tell u that she is one of the most respectful people i have ever met. with every1! i guess some people run with what they hear and not what they know!!!
and does this topic even belong in this thread!

Reply #141444 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

No this doesn't belong to this topic at all. Booga I'm going on results nothing else and this year South women have the results!

Reply #141717 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

time will tell then we will so how right i was!

Reply #141791 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754