Big Ticket
Years ago

Ninnis replaced by Timms

I see the South Dragons have replaced Scott Ninnis with Michelle Timms..

Topic #12039 | Report this topic

coopz  
Years ago

maybe she'll put on heal's jersey and play if he gets hurt, no one can tell them apart anyway...

Reply #140561 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

shane heals gets to lookin the mirror everytime he looks down the bench now

Reply #140562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasnt she there last year in the same role, shes been announced in today?

Reply #140566 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, Timms was previously in more of a community/development role separate from the coaching roster and game-night staff I think.

Supposedly she was offered a spot as assistant but didn't want to assist someone (Price) she hadn't previously met and worked with.

Reply #140568 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

They announced in Brisvegas that she was the Technical Development Coach......

Reply #140571 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Is that really an improvement?

Reply #140575 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I think you'll find that, TECHNICALLY, Scott will be replaced by Matt Shanahan as the 2nd assistant.

Assuming Brad Hill comes good. Nerve damage from his arm surgery may see him not take his place in the Dragons roster. If he does not suit up, Shanahan will stay in the 10.

If they sort out his arm, Shanahan will retire to the coaching staff.

This was meant to happen ages ago, but the Brad Hill situation has made it impossible for them to announce Shanahan's retirement.

Reply #140576 | Report this post

Jack Rabbit  
Years ago

Why the HELL have the 6ers not made this guy an offer?

Mal, you want to look at home grown talent? Get Ninnis back here ASAP!

Talk is cheap, actions speak!

Reply #140577 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say that Mal is funding the 36ers Academy, headed by Ninnis, so he's got him involved in some capacity at least.

Reply #140583 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Yeah, Ninnis is going to be running the 6ers academy, but I'm not sure if it's been made public or not.

He will have little or no actual contact with the 6ers team on a day to day basis, but he is around the club and will be working with the youth players of SA.

It's a really good role for someone who works so well with younger players and I'm sure he'll be great at it.

Extra bonus is he's not too far away if Phil doesn't work out this season.

Reply #140586 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Sorry, just saw today's 'Tiser article. It has been made public.

Also of note is that Ninnis, late last week, started legal procedings against the Dragons for breach of contract.

Cowan needs to just pay up and make this go away. Last thing he wants is more negative publicity over his handling of contracts.

Reply #140589 | Report this post

Twins  
Years ago

Reply #140598 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I wouldn't bag Michelle Timms just yet. She's got plenty of basketball credibility and was a damn good player too. She has some coaching experience in the WNBA too which all counts. Congratulations Michelle. I hope she takes over from Heal eventually!

Reply #140608 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

And as for Ninnis, getting this role with the 36ers Academy is just the spot for him. It's what he's good at, plus he's the best for that job.

Reply #140609 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754