AK-47
Years ago

Ports Prison Bar Jumper

Yesterday in the paper there was an article about Ports Prison Bar Jumper. Roger 'The Dodger' James and Josh Francou put forward there views on it questioning whether it was a good idea.

'Its time to move on",said Francou. "I can understand Port wanting to recognise its history but there is still a stigma attached with the Port magpies in that you dont like them you absolutely hate them".

"Its time for Port to start
forging its on story",said francou.

What do you think about this?

Topic #12085 | Report this topic

Chewy316  
Years ago

This week is heritage round, a time to honour every AFL club's heritage. Port's heritage is the prison bar jumper. Let them wear the jersey, as all they are doing is respecting their club's heritage.

Reply #141049 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

im a port supporter and in my opinion its fair enough about what they sed.. especially when francou said I can understand Port wanting to recognise its history but there is still a stigma attached with the Port magpies in that you dont like them you absolutely hate them".

but they still have to understand it is port heritage and if every other club gets to recongnise theres.. why cant we?

Also while were talking about the prison bars. i just want to say who here thinks it looks like the collingwood jumper?.. bcos i sure dont think it does and realli i think collinwood and eddie weere just being d!ckheads to not let port were it. let us show our proud heritage!..

Reply #141050 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I don't see what all the fuss is about, I wouldn't support port no matter what uniform they wore. I think collingwood are being complete dicks not allowing them to wear the prison bars for heritage round, I can understand not wanting them to wear black and white permanently because the colours the teams wear are as much the brand as anything else.

I also think Power are kidding themselves if they think they are going to be able to lure new supporters. They say they aren't going to target anyone over 15 to become supports - they reckon if they can win the kids over they will grow up to support power. I don't reckon there would be too many parents out there that support the crows that will be letting their kids support the power.

Well that is my opinion any way, if my neices & nephews (i dont have kids yet) support anyone I will make it my life goal for them to support the crows & the 36ers & ford - that is just life.

Reply #141056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the afl team that was entered was the port adelaide football club, from the sanfl... they were the magpies.
Josh and Rodger, you played for the team that was the port adelaide magpies... get over it

Reply #141090 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

good if you could spell Roger's name rite haha..

Reply #141092 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I was thinking the same thing Kobe =)

Reply #141112 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I love Kobe picking on the spelling - rite, sed, theres, weere, realli should I go on?

Reply #141118 | Report this post

rumor monger  
Years ago

just send them to prison LOL

Reply #141202 | Report this post

BIGballer  
Years ago

considering the AFL owns all designs and colours i don't see why collingwood even has a say just another weak showing by the AFL

Reply #141214 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754