Dicky V
Years ago

North v Norwood ~ whos it going to be

Time to pull out the deck chairs and start lining up at the launch pad as this promises to be huge with a capital H!
There is the silky smooth tinymite in Toddy Mathews a kid thats done it all and wants to leave a mark in the CABL! but to do so he will have to get through the triple delight in Ziggy Zorich, Eze Burdon and the Breaker himself R Kersten! All of who are in top notch form as they begin to embark on their NBL campaigns..
the best show maybe in the painted surface between Hanging with MR Cooper and thunder Dan Thompson going against the saint in the paint one MR not so dusty Rychart whos form has him favorite for the old wooly medal and the second of the duo slambour banging away...
and the battle between the one that looks like a bear and the one called bear, Sapwell and Shuller working the side lines on every play...
get their early people and start the predictions, big games deserve big crowds and there is no bigger than this one!
predictions, comments and more....

Topic #12108 | Report this topic

I luv Dusty  
Years ago

Dusty is Dusty-licious! Yummy

Reply #141277 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

lol at above post

Reply #141282 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Not enough room for crowds at the launch pad.

Reply #141298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PLEASE North get a bigger venue ready for finals

Reply #141302 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

While more seating would be great out at Hillcrest you cant beat the atmosphere in there when it is packed squeezing 400 in there will be much better than having the same number at Wayville.
I do remember them having a stand a few years back though for a womens game, surely they will be doing the same again, maybe some assistance from BSA would help this

Reply #141304 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

When they played Eastern for a place in the grand final a few years back the baught it a temporary scafold for standing room. I dont think you could have fitted anymore people at the launch pad if you hav tryed. The atmosphere was awesome!

Reply #141305 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

thats right Nutter couldnt remember the game but agree i do remember the atmosphere, they need to do this again.
If they do it will make a real home court advantage for the Rockets the rest of the way and from what i heard the game at mars earlier in the year had a big crowd, with whats on the line you would suspect it will be bigger this sat night, not to mention the girls game will also be a great game!

Reply #141306 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Might need to add on that banner that its at Hillcrest Isaac just in case people dont read this thread.

Reply #141317 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good idea.

Reply #141318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Ryan Kersten for North and wont be back

Reply #141319 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

my mail is he is away for this week and will be back for finals

Reply #141322 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Will be spending the rest of the ABL season in NZ jumping off the spiral staircase into the indoor pool perhaps?

Reply #141323 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, I don't understand the times shown for each post, eg anon #141319 shows as posted within the hour, however the 2 later posts from Sir Charles and yourself are shown as today. Wouldn't within the hour indicate a more recent time than today? How does that work?

Reply #141337 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One time is running off server time which is in an eastern state. The calculation just puts Today for anything within the last half an hour I'd say.

Reply #141340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a match up. The first of 2 or 3 encounters between the two teams to come in the next month or so. Who will get the psychological edge? This is basically a final as the winner(North need to win by 6) gets a week off and a HOME final to get straight into the grand final, and i'm sure both would love not to have to play the Eagles the following week.

Reply #141376 | Report this post

Nostradamis  
Years ago

North by 18 in this one!

Reply #141544 | Report this post

Nostradamis  
Years ago

So am i the only one willing to predict a result in this one?
what are other peoples thoughts and reasons?
Im seeing an 18 point win cos of recent form, North's defence has been very strong and key players for them are playing well, i believe Norwood are too 1 dimentional, Stop Mathews you get the game!

Reply #141897 | Report this post

Flinders 15  
Years ago

Norwood will win finals

Reply #142034 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754