JohnnySack
Years ago

Newley plays today, Luke 12 and 8 for Wolves

Link

Schensch had a nice game yesterday for Minny (Box scores FINALLY availible). Just shy of a D.D., hopefully his stints with Chicago and Portland are going to finally pay off.

Houston plays later today - fingers crossed Brad gets some burn and plays well.

(Mod: Link to live stream of Newley's game - streaming perfectly for me - no buffering or anything!)

Topic #12131 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

Houston game starts at 12PM today

Reply #141598 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

who are houston playing?

Reply #141600 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Jackson Vroman had 10 fouls off the bench not a bad effort =)

Reply #141606 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Houston are playing the Clippers.

Summer League 2007

Rich Melzer (Spurs) vs Carlos Powell (Warriors) in the battle of ex-NZ imports right now. Powell is 0/1 in 5 minutes, while Melzer has 10 points in 12 minutes.

Belinelli scoring well again. Three games in and doing a decent job.

Ebi Ere has hit the court - 6/2/3 in 13 minutes. Game is in the fourth.

Reply #141607 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Breakers management must be happy with the Powell photo on the NBA.com website... Most other players have either photos in summer L. uniforms or no photo...

Reply #141613 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Games starting and Newley is last on the list...

Reply #141615 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Newley has hit the court! go brad!!

boxscore

Reply #141618 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Reply #141619 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Would think that his stats and small court time would be a indication of how the rockets view his chances at the moment

Reply #141629 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

12:56 COURT TIME APPEARS REASONABLE.
4 REBOUNDS, 3 ASSISTS, 1 FOUL,
1 STEAL, 2 TURNOVERS.
UNFORTUNATELY ZERO POINTS FROM 3 ATTEMPTS.
IS THIS ENOUGH?? DEPENDS WHAT HOUSTON ARE LOOKING FOR.
YOU WOULD THINK THAT HE WOULD NEED TO BE SCORING POINTS - ALTHOUGH HE APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN "BUSY".

Reply #141633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Houston are after a shooting guard with range........Newley is not proving himself capable at this stage!! They are not looking for a shooting guard who can pass, they are looking for a shooting guard that can shoot!! Considering what the other players did in similar or less minutes id say 13 mins was plenty to showcase his ability.....didnt make the most of his first opportunity though!!

Reply #141635 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Guys, it's one game and they picked him as a longer term prospect, not as an instant offense. Give him a chance.

Reply #141637 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Bloody hell lads - I would hate you guys around if I was ever on my death bed ...

Person A "yep ... he's dead pull the plug"

Person B "yep ... he's a goner, save electricty pull the plug".

Person C "He may just be asleep"

Person A & B "... ummm ... (pause) ... nah, definitely dead"

Reply #141639 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

FWIW, Oden and Durant haven't exactly been tearing it up at Summer League either.

Oden is already done - going off to hospital to get his tonsils out: link.

Sportsbet have it down at $8.30 that Oden will have the largest tonsils ever removed from a living human being. Good odds?

Reply #141644 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Hasn't summer league seen guys like Willie go for big numbers etc

What i am saying is judging by the minutes today the rockets will be looking to send him home, which is a good thing for us, to work on xyz parts of his game.

May be rockets coaches will be able to come to sessions and help other sixers as part of watching their investment closely.

Reply #141655 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

I heard Houston is looking at Adelaide as being the next breeding ground for future NBA stars.

Reply #141662 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

You'd also have to think that Boti will have the Newley-Yao Ming-Rick Burton-NBL expansion into Asia connection cocked and ready to fire in tomorrow's column.

I'll save him some time and join some hypothetical dots:

1) Houston relocates its Development League team (bonus marks to whoever can tell me what they're called) to China, using Yao link.

2) Using Newley link to get to Burton, this team joins the NBL in place of the Singapore "Our pre-season training consists of one guy shooting foulshots" Slingers.

3) The Beijing Yaos (as I've called them) then sue the living daylights out of both the NBA and NBL once they discover Newley cannot play for them as he is already signed to an existing NBL franchise, namely, your Adelaide 36ers.

4) In a piece of programming and legal genius, the NBL schedules the 36ers to travel to Beijing for the Yaos' first NBL match - with the winner on-court also automatically claiming the the off-court legal win.

5) The Yaos recruit Larry Abney for this one game, with the sole purpose of recreating a Brad Hill-like termination on Newley.

6) Incensed by the Abney signing, the Sixers cleverly hire Yao's Visa commercial buddy Jackie Chan as a 'strength and conditioning' coach who primes the team in the art of getting the first punch in and then running like hell.

7) At gametime, Yao - and his posse - ominously park themselves in the first row behind the Sixers bench.

8) I've run out of dots to join. Such a shame - the story was just starting to get believable.

Reply #141663 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Bo i have read that Yao has hired a guy to hide around the house and attack him at will and without warning, Jackie Chan style (hello to all the Ross Noble fans out there) in a salute to Kato.

Yao seems to be fan of Peter Sellers and the Pink Panther series....who would have thought?

Reply #141665 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

good numbers for luke i hope he gets picked up for more then 10 day contracts

Reply #141866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754