Paul
Years ago

NZ's place at our Nationals

It is interesting that despite never really doing that well at the Nationals NZ decided this year to send b teams. Thier a teams are in Vagas playing. Should they be allowed to enter B teams?

Topic #12135 | Report this topic

**Balla**  
Years ago

No. Nationals are for your best teams. It cheapens the competition.

Reply #141648 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

why allow them in to start with or is nz just a little bit east of melbourne now.

Reply #141651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If new NZ didnt play numbers would be very low. There doesnt seem to be a huge interest because of expense and politics, and if they were even one team less in the draw, it would be hardly worth the effort

Reply #141660 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

BTW - What is happening in Vegas? It is Las Vegas, USA?

Reply #141661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haahah Brisvegas

Reply #141683 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

DUDE!! YOU GOT YORU FACTS WRONG..I LIVE IN NZ AND HAVE PLAYED IN THE NZ UNDER 16 TEAM...THIS YEAR THEY SENT ALL THEIR A TEAMS EXCEPT FOR THE NZ UNDER 18 MEN WHO SENT A B TEAM..THE ONLY NZ TEAM IN LAS VEGAS ARE THE UNDER 18 TEAM..I THINK I WOULD KNOW I CHECK THE BASKETBALL NZ WEBSITE EVERYDAY..!!

Reply #141685 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

OH and by the way the event in Las Vegas is called the Main Event..it involves aau teams from all over the states..They should do pretty well over there

Reply #141686 | Report this post

red square  
Years ago

max - why arent aussies over at AAU nats - that would be fantastic !

Reply #141693 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

I think it would be more value to send a "B" team from another state than to have a B team from NZ.

Dont they have their own nationals?

Reply #141728 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

we have our own nationals but it isnt the same as the aussie nationals..but hey even i agree that nz junior basketball is weak..i would have thought that some aussie state teams would have sent their players to Las Vegas..But honestly if i had 2 choose between going to the aussie nationals and the las vegas tournament i would probably choose TO go to the aussie nationals Y? becuase the event at las vegas only goes for 4 days compared to the 7 day event at the aussie nationals and plus i think it sounds more official if you say u played an australian state team as oppossed to a random team frm the us

Reply #141744 | Report this post

BasketballStar  
Years ago

Max NZ displayed a poor showing at the nationals, why both send a b team when they come near last. How did the NZ team go in las vegas?

Reply #143182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have thought Vic Metro could send a B team to nationals and go better than a NZ 2nd team.

Reply #143188 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754