Manute Bol
Years ago

Top 10 sports mascot run-ins

Bring back Murray the Magpie!!

Topic #12139 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I liked the San Antonio mascot's outburst personally... Not quite comprehensive tho... Last year in the Semi-Finals at the FIBA WC's the Tournament Mascot - one Bad Batz Maru - got a bit of a shove and a stare from Carmelo (in his defence - team USA were having a bad day) when he danced right into 'Melo's path as he was going to the bench for a TO in the final quarter of the game... Not on the game telecast unfortunately...

Reply #141713 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

A few seasons ago I remember watching footage of a College Mascot (dressed in a tree outfit) being ejected for being a nuisance while drunk. The caption on the bottom of the screen read something like The Tree - Ejected. Funny stuff. I've been trying to find it on youtube without any luck. If someone does find it somewhere can they please post the footage. My home team (Sudan Supersonics) has a coconut as the mascot. His name is Con the Coconut, he's only new and doesn't compare to the likes of the late Murray Magpie.

Reply #141730 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

I'm all for Murray

Reply #141850 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i remember as a kid the mascots at the adelaide giants going at each other was funny as

Reply #141865 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754