Bruton/Kendall

Both injured tonight, word seems to be that both are pretty bad.

Who wants to predict...

a) How far the Kings will fall.

b) How long before Heal returns.

Topic #1219 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Everyone wave goodbye to Libertine's SAHFBL team! Bruton injured, Kendall injured, Mottram injured, Markovic ill.

Isaac vs Libertine in the Sportal Fantasy League this weekend too...

And after Newley had 15 in 17 minutes against the Kings, maybe I can collect on my bet with Hoop Addict that Newley will score 30 this season before Holmes does!

Reply #13881 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I traded Mottram, holy bejesus bye bye first place.

Reply #13891 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Deano and I are going to make a delayed run for the top of the table.

Trahair and Crosswell are doing their best to stop my team though!

Reply #13892 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kendall looks to be out for the rest of the season. Bruton probably out for 4-6 weeks.

Rumours from the OzHoops boards suggesting that Thalo Green and Mark Sanford could be cut, as well as another Kings player. Either Brad Sheridan or Brett Wheeler are the only names that have been mentioned with regard to that rumour.

I don't know if he's been injured or ill, but Wheeler has been underperforming this season. 19 MPG, 36% FG, 5 PPG and 4 RPG. His last three games have seen him score a total of 4 points.

Reply #13978 | Report this post

avanti  
Years ago

If that was the case, would/could the sixers look at Wheeler?

Or would that not be possible under the player points system?

Reply #13980 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Wheels has been injured, so has Thalo. Sanford was average at the start of the season but he's starting to pick his game up a bit now.

Reply #13987 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Wheels would come to us at a discount points wise as he started his career here.

Points wise i would imagine he would be the same as Nashy....just depends when he is back.

Reply #13991 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are you sure he'd be discounted? I think he loses his internal rating when he leaves and takes the external rating (which wouldn't be more than an 8, surely?).

Ex-college Kendall would be a 3. Thalo is a 9. Bruton a 10? Sanford is a 10.

Assuming they took out Kendall and the imports, Sydney could start Luke Martin (who's doing OK), use BJ Carter as a back-up and/or bring Graeme Dann into the 10/12, and then switch imports.

Sanford is getting OK stats, but no one seems to be overly impressed. I'd say that they'll take switch Kendall for a benchie to gain 2 points, cut Thalo and then have 10 to bring in a new import. A name mentioned was Cortez Groves, but that could be wishful thinking from a fan.

Reply #13993 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

Wheeler is essentially playing on one leg and only game to game. However, I'd say rumours of him getting axed are ridiculous.

I think what the Kings will do will be quite simple. CJ is only out till New Years, that's not that long. I think Thalo will go, Kendall will be properly 'axed' to make cap/$ room. Martin will run the point till CJ is fit (and Martin is having a fantastic year) and they'll bring in an import SG. By early January I think the Kings will be back on their feet.

Reply #14009 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I agree with Boti in todays Advertiser, Heal will return.

Reply #14010 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

Heal most definitely will NOT return.

Reply #14074 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

The Kings cannot "axe" Kendall. a) He would then become a free agent to sign whereever he likes, or who offers the best deal (Sixers management take note...you let Newley get away)..and secondly, if they axe him, they have to pay out his contract within salary cap confines, therefore not actually saving themselves any money.

Keeping him on injuryu waivers allows them to pay his wages through insurance, and keep him on the roster. The only downside with waivers comes to the caps value, in that they could only replace him with someone of equal or lesser points, in Kendall's case, he would be a 1 being a rookie.

The Kings best scenario right now would be to release Green (I am sure there is some sort of performance based issue in his contract they can release him without having to pay him out), and bring in an import guard as Green's replacement. Considering Thalo didn;t do much for them, I wouldn't even bother replacing him..just start using Graeme Dann in a forward role off the bench.

But, I'm not an NBL coach, nor do I purport to be....I am sure Goorjian and his men are working on something right now.

Reply #14081 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think I'm going to disagree with you all day. Haha.

The Kings cannot "axe" Kendall.

Yes, they can. They can put him on permanent injury waivers.

He would then become a free agent to sign whereever he likes, or who offers the best deal

He's injured for the rest of the season.

they have to pay out his contract within salary cap confines, therefore not actually saving themselves any money.

I don't think their issue is necessarily saving money. I'm also not sure that that wouldn't be covered by insurance too. I think they're trying to make sure they have a competitive roster.

in Kendall's case, he would be a 1 being a rookie.

Metro State University. I'd say he's worth 3 points.

If they don't cut a player, then they can't replace Thalo Green (9 points) with an import or Australian returning from overseas -- Green is not worth enough points. If Kendall is indeed out for the season, then I'd say they have no option but to cut him and Green to get an import and a benchie into the squad.

Reply #14084 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Nope...if a player is axed, they must pay out anything that is owing, and it counts under the cap. Sydney actually ran into the same problem back when they had their revolving door import policy.

Yeah, I forgot Kendall came from the college system, so he is a 3.

I agree they need to cut. Thalo Green was no doubt packing his bags when CJ got hurt, and was ringing for the taxi to the airport when Kendall went down.

Given that Kendall was in line for ROY, I would suggest if he got axed, there would be some teams ready to sign him as soon as they could and take a punt on the injury. Teams that need an up and coming promising guard.

Reply #14096 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They would waive Kendall. Bring in a benchie. That frees up two points, and in that transaction, they've not increased their points situation with an injury waiver.

Then they cut Green, and they've got 11 points to spend, and they can spend more than Green's 9 because they had cut him.

Kendall wouldn't want to sign elsewhere. He knows that he has a spot in Goorjian's program whenever he's ready for it. This isn't a fantasy league where snap trades and signings occur! ;)

Reply #14100 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754