Anonymous
Years ago

news item re Ballinger

I saw a news item talking about Ballinger arriving and they showed footage of training. In that footage Oscar appeared to feature prominately. Can someone help explain why he would be training with the sixers when he is playing with the breakers?

Topic #12195 | Report this topic

flatshot  
Years ago

dusty and oscar in adelaide and both have been training with sixers-in pre-season just a goodwill thing to stay in shape until they get back to their own programs. good idea considering both have been with adelaide and keeps connections open.

Reply #142352 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Reply #142353 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Sorely missed at the hawks

Reply #142360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont agree that it is a good idea. COuld you imagine the crows or port allowing say Jarrad Rivers train with them in the pre season when he is signed up with Melbourne for the coming year just because he was at home during the break and so that he could keep in shape to compete against them during the year?

Reply #142394 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Both of those players have played under Smyth for the 36ers before. They're just scrimmaging - I don't know that a few days of that is going to be a big issue.

Reply #142396 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

bloody oath , both teams would allow a Jared Rivers train with them . The demons on the other hand may not be thrilled with that prospect .

Reply #142401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if the Crows or Power would allow Jarrod Rivers or any other AFL listed player who is not on there list to train with them during the months of November and December.

I think not, they should tell him to piss off.

Reply #142412 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why wouldn't you give your squad a chance to train against a championship import? Why wouldn't you stay on good terms with all players to ease possible future negotiations?

Reply #142415 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Before you rip this too much, didn't Maher train with the Sydney Kings a while back???

and you don't think that Oscar and Dusty already know the plays that Adelaide runs??? Phil's offensive play book isn't that large or creative where he would of totally revamped it since the boys left.

I fail to see what is the big issue, it's just some guys having a training session/scrimmage with their mates.

Reply #142417 | Report this post

jammer  
Years ago

Great job Phil on letting Dusty and Oscar practice for those who attended the sessions would of noticed they were fitness sessions and 4on4 games with a large focus on the fitness side with some basketball related skills.Excellent to watch with the guys really putting out.Gee for the critics i suppose if Pavlich wanted to do some fitness training with Power or Crows they would say no get real.Way to be professional and keep those guys interested and lift the standard a little i think if they could both those guys would be back playing for Phil and the 36ers would be better for it

Reply #142429 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

I hardly think that in a training/scrimmage that so many development players have been invited to they are going to be lerning all the offensive plays the sixers run. Lets be realistic people!!

Reply #142435 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think most teams already know both offences that Adelaide run............

Reply #142436 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Great to see Ballinger dominating in this Topic. Did anyone get to the run to see what shape / form Adam's in at present?

Reply #142454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754