DB5
Years ago

Newley rolls ankle at Boomers camp

Fox Sports just announced that Brad Newley had injured an ankle at Boomers practice today, there is talk of ligament damage.

Article had Brad with his ankle in an ice bag, talking about he was hoping to be ready before the New Zealand series..

Not good for the Boomers if we are missing Newley as well as Bogut, CJ (I think)and a couple of others I cannot think of at this moment...

Get better Brad, we need to win this series!!

Topic #12211 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

He will undergo scans today to determine the degree of damage, but it is thought that he may have a grade two ligament tear.

Newley is now in doubt for the Boomers' tour of Europe which begins on July 28, where they will play games against Italy, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey and Slovenia.
More info

Hopefully he recovers for the NZ series or the Boomers could be fighting uphill.

Reply #142528 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isnt it amazing how many players get injured at Boomers camp.

Goorj pushing too hard or just coincedence?

Reply #142540 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Makes room for another Sydney bench player now Kent..

Reply #142556 | Report this post

David K  
Years ago

I wonder if he was taped or had an ankle brace on at the time. I would have thought this would be impossible to do if he had both.

Reply #142652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear Brad,

If you want to stuff up your career, just let the Doctors and Medical/Training Staff talk you into having a needle.... she'll be right mate, just 5litres of cortisone will fix it! We will have you running again in no time!

doh!

get better real soon mate without that sxxt going in!!

Reply #142659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754