afroman jnr
Years ago

Socceroos bow out

Australia V Japan just finished, Aus losing penalties

being totally screwed by the referee, with very questionable calls.

Topic #12229 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

its asia, its always like that

Reply #142737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no..not unfair calls, bad playing, inadequate coaching...missed penalties...competition over

Reply #142741 | Report this post

Unit  
Years ago

Were some average calls yes but cant blame the refs for missed penalties..very disapointing

Reply #142746 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yeah - it's NEVER out fault!!! (FFS!!!)... That's football - that's why we love it and hate it at the same time... Had Milligan (i think he was the culprit) cleared the ball in in the box on Japan's quickfire equlaizer - we would be (possibly) talking about the upcoming semi... The way i see it - better getting the wake up call nice and early (before the WC qulaifiers) than too late... It hurts - trust me (I LIVE IN JAPAN - and i will be in for it on monday) - but in the long run we needed it...

Reply #142747 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

See ?! That's why we love basketball - a game where refs will NEVER have an impact on the result of the game

Reply #142749 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

correction to above: .. unless your playing in the nba !!

Reply #142750 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Every Asian team looks up to Italy!

Reply #142751 | Report this post

'soccer'

football is a game where you kick the foota into the sticks

Reply #142772 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Good to see the Australian Coach read my post the other day and took Viduka off at half time and then the goals came :P I'm sure Viduka was quite upset in the penalties as he can miss them just as good as anyone so he should have stayed on :P

Reply #142865 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

ELG...no,

Football (soccer) is the real game and should be referred to as football. Its the game where the majority of the play takes place using the feet, as opposed to ariel ping pong, in which 90% of the game is spent using the hands...how the term "football" can be used is beyond me.

Also its great that in that game (AFL) you get a reward for missing..guess it allows for the lower level of skill required to play it. :)

Football !! the World Game

Reply #142938 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754