AK-47
Years ago

2 on 2 NBA Team Tournament

SVD started a thread about who would win a 1 on 1 NBA tourment

if there were a 2 on 2 tournament who would win?

I was thinking along the lines of Shaq and D-Wade.

Thoughts?

Topic #12236 | Report this topic

booga  
Years ago

jordan pippen v's magic worthy grand final

Reply #142760 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

old school:

jordan/pippen VS Magic/Kareem

new school:

Yao/T-Mac VS Amare/Nash

Reply #142761 | Report this post

Afroman Jnr  
Years ago

nash and amare......

GO SUNS

Reply #142762 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Old School Malone and Stockton

Reply #142765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow what a great tournament...

NOW
Parker or Ginobili and Duncan
Nash and Amare or Marion
T-Mac and Yao
AI and Melo
Wade and Shaq
Kidd and Carter
Allen and Pierce

THEN
Stockton and Malone
MJ and Pippen
Magic and Worthy

Reply #142767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sheeeeed and b-b-b-billups!!! That duo would destroy, they both have range from anywhere on the court

Reply #142768 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH
sheed and billups...haha...

ps - no way

Reply #142769 | Report this post

why not jules. both good defenders who can shoot

I think im going with Kobe and amare

Reply #142771 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

then Kobe/Shaq or magic/worthy

today probably AI Melo

Reply #142773 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Payton and Kemp

Reply #142774 | Report this post

I think realistically you need a guard and a big man.

For example, Magic and Kareem would be unstoppable against Jordan and Pippen

Could Pippen guard Kareem? I think not. He'd post Pippen's ugly ass up and skyhook away until his heart's content.

If we're talking teammates, I'd say in addition to some of the above:

Bird and McHale

If not, the best all-time combination would probably be Jordan and Wilt, and for modern day players I'd put money on Kobe and either Duncan or KG

Reply #142777 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i think its gonna take a bit more than sheeds average shot (compared to the real shooters in the league)...a point guard who cant score (compared to the rest of the players u would consider in this contest)...rasheed wallace is the most overated all-star in nba history and same can be said about chauncey

ill also tell u why not amare and kobe...coz their not on the same team....

Reply #142778 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

my moneys on the suns duo of nash and amare...if not them...parker and duncan

Reply #142779 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sheed/Billups just doesn't have the scoring punch or mentality that Amare/Nash or T-Mac/Yao have.

A better combination from the Pistons would be Hamilton and Sheed, or even Hamilton and Prince. There is hardly enough in the NBA with a bigger engine than Hamilton.

Reply #142782 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

damn, should read

hardly anyone in the NBA with a bigger engine than Hamilton.

7 consecutive nightshift are catching up....

Reply #142783 | Report this post

Buck  
Years ago

Redd and Bogart??

averaged close to 40ppg between them last season!!

Reply #142788 | Report this post

Yeah, jules, finals mvp's lke chauncey are heaps overrated. Have you ever even seen a pistons game.

Reply #142789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

humphrey bogart has never and will never play bball, and even he wont get the ball from redd

Reply #142790 | Report this post

Buck  
Years ago

Bogut** my bad

Reply #142794 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

u do understand that the acolades someone recieves is how u can measure an overrated person....

yeah he deserved that finals mvp (which was a while ago)...but i think generally he is overrated...and people still fall back on that when he struggles..people go insane when he makes shots at the end of games and dont look at his game as a whole...and in terms of pg's in the league he isnt near the nash's, kidd's, williams' in terms of making passes and setting up his team mates...his assists numbers against the cavs in the playoffs were 5, 6, 3, 2, 4 then 1...and his points production was pretty dismal to for a guy who is considered one of the best in the league...just looking at it now..it 44 minutes in game 6 he had 9pts 1 ast on 3-7...and no one makes a comment...lebron or kobe or wade or t-mac or nash or duncan (not that duncan ever has a bad game) does something similiar then people are like get on the whole chocker thing and going insane...and saying how they werent good enough to will their team blah blah blah..im just saying he is pretty damnn inconsistant and tends to dissapear...

and in this contest he wouldnt 'destroy' with his d#&khead friend 'sheed', simply because he struggles to score unless he is shooting jumpshots...and its going to take more offensive power to win a 2-on-2 then what sheed and billups have

Reply #142805 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I can see this leading into another topic - best and worst duos in the original NBA Jam!

Reply #142807 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

Parker and duncan would be sweet
both can score and give each other open shots

Reply #142813 | Report this post

So you're saying, jules, that wade and shaq would beat sheed and billups. Shaq, being the player that has never guarded anyone outside the paint ever, trying to defend jump shots. and sheed is one of the better duncan/shaq defenders in the league. you just dont think sometimes.

But go and write another essay about it, i'll be sure not to read it

Reply #142816 | Report this post

Best NBA jam team is Laimbeer and Isiah, of course! Laimbeer being the only person who actually plays like he does on NBA jam

Reply #142817 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

yes...i am saying wade and shaq would absolutely trash sheed and billups

how can u respond to my post if u dont read them? and compared to some other posters on this forum - id hardly call that an essay

Reply #142824 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

and not thinking before i post?! coming from the same guy who said michael jordan (reffered to him as the 'so called great') ruined the nba..and bagged him for not 'leading the league in assists in his career' - once saying 'what has jordan done?' when speaking up chamberlain...

and just recently in this thread out of no where using two players from different teams...(thats cheating) and lets not forget when u called urself a 6'7 ox 'full of muscle'...i think its YOU who needs to think his post through

Reply #142825 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sheed and Billups would have nothing against the better duo's in the league. They don't have the goods in something like this. Their games rely on a team environment (hence why they are good playing for the Pistons)and not individual aspects which a 2-2 tournament would require.

Billups and Sheed wouldn't be in the top 20 duos in the league.

Reply #142829 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Worst NBA Jam team ... hands down

Dallas Mavericks: Derek Harper and Mike Iuzzolino

Reply #142834 | Report this post

wow jules, its impressive that you've read all 1000 posts or whatever ive made. Do you get out of the house, ever

Reply #142852 | Report this post

Miami Heat: Rony Seikaly and Harold Miner

Reply #142854 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

didnt waste my time - no one in their right mind would...just recalling some of ur finer moments that are impossible to forget

all 1,000 of ur post? try about 5 that i referenced..and posting 1,000 times compared to me reading very FEW of them?? - doesnt that mean ur the one that needs to get out?

Reply #142859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hakeem Vs Drexler

Reply #142867 | Report this post

Giraffe 25  
Years ago

LMAO - jules just put u in ur place ELG, the whole time I read jules' post I just kept thinking of 8 Mile! Lol, maybe time for a new alias?

Reply #142912 | Report this post

Wow he sure did. from 'cheating' (p.s its the internet, theres no rules, and plus there were no rules stipulated in the first place, did you even read the thread jules) to quoting 700 of my posts, he sure did own me.

and sorry, havent seen 8 mile. I like real music, not gangsta hip hop rap

Reply #142953 | Report this post

Years ago

hmmm

I hope your not being sarcastic 'Eastern Lowland Gorilla' because I think Jules really did make you look pretty stupid. I think Giraffe is refering more about the 'thinking' before posting comment you made. I don't see Jules making any outrageous claims, yet he came back at you with some of your work. Calling MJ a so-called-great, saying he ruined the league, and 'what has he done'?!! I think that says something about who should think.

Then you go even further and saying get out more blah blah blah for referencing 5, yes 5! of your post, and you reading all 1,000 of mine. So...?? Surely that the biggest condradiction I've heard in a while. I mean, your saying you've posted 1,000 times, and that Jules read 5 - or just remembered 5 - and so, he's the one with no life? hmm, think about that one

And that cheating thing, pretty tongue and cheek mate. Didn't actually mean you were breaking a rule, but when the first 16 suggestions made are all guys from the same team, for someone to suddenly say..hmm, I'd go with Kobe and Amare, is a bit strange

So I think, YOU need to start thinking before you post. Oh, and one other thing, 'posting about 700 of my comments' - as you just said, is exhaggerating by like x110 and that doesn't get you any points for humour or in this argument

Reply #142993 | Report this post

So jules is allowed to post 'tongue-in-cheek' and im not? You really think i dont know what jordan did for the game. oh, the double standards on this forum! It seems you need to love jordan or everyone hates you

Reply #143005 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

We know you won't do that elg,

who would fire up for Wilt in the monthly Jordan vs Chamberlin arguments then?

he he..

Reply #143009 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

now that k.g has gone to boston, who do people think is bostons 2 on 2 team?

i reckon allen and k.g, good big man who required doubl team really, then a very good shooter.

what your thoughts?

Reply #143546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754