jules
Years ago

USA Match - White v Blue

USA team split up today and played an intense game that ended up being won on a kobe jumper

with the talent involved it was said to be like an all-star game but a lot more competitive..no cheap baskets etc because guys are playing for spots...crowd got well into it...check out the boxscore..and a live blog at the game that is a goood read and tells u more about the game

http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=400025373

http://www.nba.com/usabasketball/boxscore.jsp

Topic #12241 | Report this topic

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Thanks Jules, Durrant proving himself again in that one, pretty impressive performance in 24 minutes.

Reply #142827 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

gonna be interesting to see the "team" play in international competion, will the nba stack up?? Argentina in the pan americas will be interesting!

Reply #142836 | Report this post

Groteum 69  
Years ago

Oh, Blue to go all the way!!!!

Reply #142840 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The thing that impressed me with the box scores is it appears that the players they have picked for specific roles are fulfilling those roles.

Examples being:
- Mike Miller (outside shooter) 5-15 from the arc. Needs to improve %, but at least taking the shots he's meant to.

- Deron Williams (distributor) 13 assists

- Chandler (defence), 13 rebounds and 2 blocks

- Redd (shooter) 4-11 from the arc. Refer to Miller.

- Bryant/Melo (scorers) 26 and 28

Howard (defence and high % offence) 9 rebounds and 21 points at 100%

- Durant/Lebron/Amare (all round game)

Reply #142841 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Is Chris Paul not in the squad or is he hurt?

Reply #142844 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Amare all round game? ha

Reply #142848 | Report this post

Thats right mr clutch, amare doing all the dirty work while your boy Kobe Bryant gets all the glory with the scoring!

Reply #142853 | Report this post

Someone please tell me why JJ Redick is still in the squad? I mean come on... Kobe, to amare, to carmelo, to redick?

Reply #142855 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

SVD, Paul is recovering from surgery he had on his foot right after the season finished.

Reply #142866 | Report this post

BILLLY  
Years ago

Well redick was added to the usa squad last year, he didn't make the final team. may as well let him try again.

Reply #142878 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Was this game televised anywhere? Sounds like it would be good to get hold of.

Reply #142925 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754