Johnny Sack
Years ago

NH: Tour De France... in crisis!

Rasmussen yanked from the Tour!

I know this is a bball site - but this is huge... Basketball has its probems - but what is going on at this years Tour is unbeleivable...

Where there's money to be made i guess???

Even if Cadel wins this it's tainted to high heaven...

Topic #12272 | Report this topic

Pogo  
Years ago

I would like to see the tour open slather to what ever they want to chuck into their bodys and see how fast they could go then!

They just might give Casey Stoner a run for his money.

Reply #143069 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

The idea has merit - but we'd have riders dropping dead in their sleep (as has already happened - numerous times... EPO/red blood cell transfusions... Thickenining blood to such an extent that the heart gives out without warninig...)... AND Chinese riders would become top riders in no time - just like the miraculous Womens (and i use womens VERY loosely) Swimming Team at the '94 WCs which swept the Pool (pun not intentional) - and subsequently disappeared when new doping controls were introduced...

I am not sure if there are any clean riders in the top Pro ranks anymore - only those who get caught and those who don't... Besides if you get caught - there's lawyers and medical "experts" all over the place to explain away regardless...

Reply #143072 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Makes the basketball problems pale into insignificance doesn't it?

Reply #143073 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I've read that to takes the testing bodies months to come up with a test to detect the inital drug, but it takes the pharamists that produce the drug illegally days to come up with a screening drug.

Reply #143077 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

And now Predictor-Lotto are suing Astana for 'loss of publicity' after the time trial the other day! With Cadel coming second behind Vino, they want compensation for the loss of podium time and the like that they should of received.

You gotta love Le Tour!!

Reply #143107 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Yeah I should have entered, could have won by default there's that many dropping out... may have finished a month after all the other riders, but my drug test would have been clean :D Give me the yellow jersey :P

Reply #143111 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Tour de Farce..

Reply #143193 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

Get the medical experts in on the whole thing and see how far we can push the human body safely with out the fear of dropping dead in your sleep.

You need to push the limits before you see how far you can go.

Isn't Ben Johnson still the fastest sprinter ever on record, despite the fact he did it on drugs?

Reply #143235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:43 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754