POTW Selector
Years ago

Norwood Flames Vs North Adelaide Rockets

MVP - Todd Matthews
(This guy turned it on all game. Very quick first step and a devastating three point game that caused Eric Burdon a lot of trouble all night)

Norwood Best:
Matthews, Krause, Thompson, Ottey

North Best:
Zorich, Rychart, Kersten

Starting 5 Winners
D. Cooper vs D. Rychart = D. Rychart
C. Ottey vs T. Rowe = Ottey (by a long way)
T. Matthews vs E. Burdon = T. Matthews
M. Zorich vs A. Webber = Zorich
K. Krause vs N. Hambour = DRAW

Bench Winners
D. Thompson vs D. Quiggly = Dan Thompson
L. Burdon vs W. Foster = DRAW

When it mattered Award
Dan Thompson and Todd Matthews

Missing in Action Award
Eric Burdon

Crowd: Close to 1000

Topic #12295 | Report this topic

shauno  
Years ago

rychart was quiet all game, only really did anything in the first and last quarter.

thomo stepped up big time in the last 5 minutes, an absolute monster.

i dont think krauser would be in the best players, id replace him with webber, i thought webber stepped up when mathews wasnt on.

ottey was inspirational, should have seen alot more minutes in my opinion.

zorich tore it up for north, norwood didnt really have an aswer for him.

Reply #143277 | Report this post

red square  
Years ago

how do they go getting so many in ?

Reply #143278 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

Shauno

Krause didn't have a great scoring game like usual but I still believe he was very good on the defensive end.

Agree with adding webber though. Check the boxscore and realise he had 20. Cant remember them but obviously was still good.

Reply #143279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North lost dusty played bad!

Reply #143280 | Report this post

fortay  
Years ago

Also,

Bench:
J. Keis vs M. Papendiek= Papendiek

Reply #143281 | Report this post

red square  
Years ago

flames double coming ???

Reply #143283 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Webber played an awesome game. Hit a couple big 3s with the shot clock winding down. Place was jam packed.

As for the Norwood double. Its possible. Norwood have beaten both Sturt and West in the Womens. I checked the boxscores for the Sturt west womens game and couldnt see Marino. Is she playing for Sturt through the finals? or is she going to miss them?

Reply #143287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Marino was out with an ankle injury last night.

Reply #143288 | Report this post

Hairybut 12  
Years ago

Norwood will be missing Foley at the World Uni Games while Marino will be back for Sturt with only a 1 week ankle injury.

Reply #143289 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

There was a great atmosphere there last night but it was so packed that alot of people coulnt see much and i was a bit worried that some of the kids on the sideines were gonna get hurt by a player hurtling over the line. Thankgoodness the game stayed on the court!!! ..official total 540...not bad for a 100 seat stadium!!

Reply #143294 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Great game to watch both of these teams can score so quickly!
Lets hope North get Foretville and we can get another classic battle between these 2 sides in the GF. Clearly the 1 - 2 side in the comp!

Reply #143295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but you haven't given us the final scores for both games....some of us couldn't go????what were they

Reply #143300 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I think its disgusting that they squeezed in more than 5 times its normal seating capacity. Where are the Occupational Health and Regulations. The children sitting on the sidelines were a hazard to themselves and the players. Why the organisers can't organise another grandstand to fit people in is purely selfish when you consider they sell all these entrance tickets and then make a killing at the bar and canteen. I don't intend to stay away from these games when I have followed it throughout the regular season, but I expect a seat and an uninterrupted view if I pay for a ticket.

Reply #143303 | Report this post

fox21  
Years ago

If ONLY Norwood could make a killing on the canteen and the bar!

I'm used to paying for juniors games, and there sometimes being NO seats at some stadia...eg Mt Barker ct 2!

There's something fantastic about hearing someone saying there were too many people for Mars!

So good for the game! Won't it be a blessing if we need to start thinking about health & safety due to such great turn outs!?

Anyway, thank goodness no one *was* hurt.

And if Port wins...my weekend will have been PERFECT!

Reply #143310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC, this is Norwood you're talking about remember.

Reply #143311 | Report this post

then there were 3  
Years ago

Sir Charles do you really think that these two sides are that much better than Forestville? Trust me, a Norwood vs Forestville grand final would be just as good to watch as a North Norwood final, possibly even better considering how good the preliminery final was last year!

I think the average spectator is in for a treat either way, not to mention how big this weeks pre lim final will be. I think the winner of this game will beat Norwood and take out the championship! And the loser you would say would be the best team not to make a grand final probably since 1999 when Forstville went 22-0 in regular season but went out in straight sets.

It has been an epic finals series so far, and the next two weeks will be even better!

Reply #143312 | Report this post

Stadium Monkey  
Years ago

I wonder if my super mum flames fan asked for her money back last night?

Reply #143314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol. Good call, Stadium Monkey.

Reply #143332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:24 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754