incognito
Years ago

AllStar Balloting

Whats up with this?

Word on the street is that this is going to be web based voting. Whoa thats very extravagent, but great nonetheless. Is triplezero building it? When will it be up and running?

Topic #123 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I offered to do it (originally as part of the Sixers site, then hosted elsewhere, then on this site), but the Sixers current developers are working on it.

Last word was that Dusan had seen progress and said that it looked good. I know nothing else about it.

Must be a juggling act trying to get the season ticket sales online (June 22nd original target!), and build up the Sixers site on top of this. There are a lot of things to be careful with -- i.e., not allowing multiple votes, maximise marketing opportunities to get bums on seats, make sure that teams are adequately represented, not too many guards or forwards, etc.

Also, you have to give everyone a good chance to vote, so hopefully they can get it running very soon, or at least start publicising the event before people make other plans for that weekend.

Reply #932 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

These kind of things have many, many, many ways for security to be comprimised to give out extra votes etc.

Reply #934 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

If you had to pick two players from each team who would anyone pick?

All-bags team

Reply #936 | Report this post

Dusan Vavic  
Years ago

All the players names (as picked by their coaches) have been given to the web developers, who are in the process of setting this up. It will be on the Sixers site and a lot of the ideas that Isaac suggested intially (when he was going to do it) are being implemented (I did receive Isaac's ok before I went ahead with it).
As stated in previous post's of mine, there will be three outside positions and two inside positions per conference team. Hopefully it will be set up and ready to go by the end of this week (fingers crossed).
Since this is something new, I am sure there will be mistakes and things will not go as planned (totally), but bear with us and we will try to get it as right as possible. No matter how agrieved you feel because certain players have missed out, the way it is being set up, who's small brain came up with the way it is being handled or just feel like being negative, remember the reason it is being done - foremost to promote OUR basketball competition and in doing so helping out a very deserving charity, the championship teams and all the clubs.
Keep positive everyone.

Regards

Dusan

Reply #937 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Depends, what if the best 2 players on each team were guards, we would have an All-star team of guards, which is not the purpose of the game I'm sure. I think it may need to be like the NBA, where there is a selection of guards, forwards, and centres, and you choose from that. From memory Centrals had 10 players in the state SANFL team a couple of years back.

Problem then is that the lower clubs might not get a representative at the game (i.e. Centrals, South). Should this happen? Do we want to see the "best" players from the league, or guys miss out because of charity awarded to other teams. There's only 20 spots available, and there is PLENTY of guys who could play in the game.

Reply #938 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

Forman, Wilkey
Hambour, Hawkes
Holmes, Davis
Capbell, Vasiljevic
Arnold, Krause
Gerlach, Pochintesta
Ng, Bradley
Bell, Phillips
Scanlon, Kent
Clayton, Harvey

Reply #939 | Report this post

Woodville Wally  
Years ago

Ng, Bradley

come on Whitmore, Vandebergh are the guns

Reply #941 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think that Wilkey, Gower and Shepherd would be about even for Sturt's second spot. Shepherd is very consistent, Wilkey is persistent, and Gower's steals often go unrecognised -- he just doesn't give up.

The rest look about right. I'd put Clarke in over Pochintesta because Pochintesta has had average games both times I've seen Southern play (against Sturt) whereas Clarke has done well both times. Atkins for Central?

Reply #954 | Report this post

mike man  
Years ago

how long til this all star balloting gets off the ground...the fans are going crazy..they want some action...i can only hold them back so long...

Reply #977 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i think the southern tigers choice would be a tough one...gerlach has had a great second half of the season, and pochintesta had a very good first half of the season...clarke a solid year all round...tough call...

Reply #978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754