Anonymous
Years ago

Please Change Venue for Men's Prelim Final!

Hillcrest is BAD. A lousy place for the penulitmate showcase game of the Mens season.

Why not play at Pasadena? A neutral venue with DECENT seating for PAYING fans. Dome if available? What about Mars? Wayville would be ok too. :PP

If no,and it has to be at Hillcrest because North have the seeding, well then North, GO and HIRE some BIG temp stands to erect on Court Two.

If no to any of that, BSA let ALL spectators and cockroaches in for FREE! We will feel like one with no seating by half time.

Topic #12300 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, Please, Please.

manners and respect is all that is intended. Please for crying out loud get a GOOD venue . :PP

Reply #143316 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

totally agree - i would attend the game if i knew i get a seat for myself and 2 sons - but wont go near hillcrest - going to one classic game and so many basketball grass root supporters just wont go
play at the dome - if its ready

Reply #143317 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Keep it at hillcrest, it would be unfair not to honour Norths right to the home final.

But please erect a temp stand! It was bad enough last night at MARS!

Reply #143318 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

All finals (apart from the first round) should be played at the dome . The Grand Final is held there so why not hold more of the finals there? Beats playing the games at the tin sheds where they are being held now.

Reply #143320 | Report this post

GymJukie  
Years ago

Couldnt they open up the gym at MArs. Get a few 100 people watching the game from above. Maybe setup a bar up their for Norwood to raise some money!

Reply #143321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could it be that BSA doesn't own the dome anymore so opening it up cost more money than it would be at hillcrest, wayville, pasadena etc.

it might not attract enough people to pay for the hire of the dome.

more would fit into pasadena why not make it a double header there.

Reply #143322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AGREE!!!!!!!'

CHANGE THE VENUE, NORTH SEATING IS BEYOND A JOKE...

Reply #143323 | Report this post

Dennis Denuto  
Years ago

At the end of the day, it is the club with the right of home venue that choose where the game is played.

If North have a distinct advantage in playing at Hillcrest and its the best possible chance they have in beating Forestville and making the grand final, then the game should be at Hillcrest.

Reply #143324 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I agree to change the venue. I wouldn't change it to Wayville as it would give Forestville an unfair advantage. I don't know how much of an advantage to North it would be to hold at Hillcrest as I believe they don't train there anyway. Pasadena would be good. I would even travel to Starplex for a better venue,

Reply #143325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we can all agree that Hillcrest is a terrible venue for a Men's Prelim. But can you imagine all the finals at the Dome? The place would feel empty! At least there's heaps of great atmosphere at the suburban stadia, plus there's something to be said for giving the higher ranking team the right to play at home - they've worked hard all season for it. It provides an incentive to finish as high as possible on the ladder.

Reply #143330 | Report this post

ano  
Years ago

Reply #143338 | Report this post

another fan  
Years ago

its been happening all season not just the finals. Hillcrest, Mars, where ever, suburban courts are too small for the crowds that are attracted by a player of Dusty's caliber. If we are going to get in players of his ilk, we need to move all games that are played all season to one larger central venue.

Reply #143339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cant believe what im hearing.

Without home court advantage the regular season would be utterly pointless.

Reply #143341 | Report this post

stands  
Years ago

I think that the game should be played at Hillcrest for sure, but if they do nothing to get in more seating then they should be ashamed of themselves. Could easily get 1000 people to a game like this, but will only get about 200 at Hillcrest if that without extra seats. Please North, hear peoples cry and give them what they want!

Reply #143347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that is real logical...
re: Please Change Venue for Men's Prelim Final! (#143341 | Grrr!)

just ask the Crows about home ground advantage...NOT!

this is about DECENT facilities for a BIG crowd for a BIG game, paying GOOD money to watch it!

Reply #143350 | Report this post

ahole  
Years ago

Hillcrest is a hole, no doubt, but North have won the right to a home final, so play by the rules!

Dont change the rules becuase they inconvinience you.

Reply #143351 | Report this post

Anon-e-mouse  
Years ago

More atmosphere, and you can accommodate a larger crowd at Pasadena, Womens first then Mens. Then the womens supporters will stay and watch the mens. Someone should ask the North players and the Coach where they would prefer to play

Reply #143357 | Report this post

Frogga  
Years ago

Im sure they would say Hillcrest as that place is an honest home court advantage as no one likes to play there especially Forestville.

Reply #143358 | Report this post

Terms of Use.  
Years ago

Who is more important? The players or the spectators?

Reply #143359 | Report this post

another fan  
Years ago

This is not a dispute between players and fans. players want to play in front of the largest possible crowds.

I reckon its an arguement between fans and administrators who want to collect money through the gate. But while some home courts are big and some are small, the strong clubs will get stronger and the weak clubs will get weaker.

Many players regularly say they want to play at one single larger venue. Not only did MARS not support the courtside crowd last Sat night, it could not even provide enough car parks.

Reply #143367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forseeability, proximity apply to an injured player or spectator by any chance.

Reply #143368 | Report this post

Mute Mal  
Years ago

Reply #143379 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Gym Jukie,
I think they did have a few people watching from above. The atmosphere was great at Mars.

The game should be played where the players want to play it not where the spectators want it to be played. Although id much rather it be played somewhere else i dont have much of a problem it being played at Hillcrest.

Reply #143413 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If the spectators are not important, where do you think the money comes from to pay the players and pay for air fares for Dusty and Ryan? You could argue that home court advantage helps them win, but so does the money that brings in the good players.

Reply #143419 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

Reply #143422 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Dome won't be ready until 8 August, so no chance of the prelim being there.

Reply #143429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how come if its not ready they managed to pack 7,000 in last tues to watch the netball?

Reply #143430 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

unless you want to play on a netball court! Although id suggest theres more to it than that!

Reply #143435 | Report this post

Rumor  
Years ago

I have heard a whisper that there will be a stand, good job Rockets!

Reply #143436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What, selling Hot Dogs?

Reply #143443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on North!!!

What IS happening for spectators???

A decent stand, or free beers all game in compensation? get BSA to fund it.

Reply #143635 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Over 1000 reads of this post surely thats an indication of the interest in this game and how many could potentially turn up if a stand was up...not that i think its physically possible for hillcrest to fit that many but you get my point!

Reply #143645 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

hillcrest - rumour be a stand - thats correct you will stand all night and see nothing - love to go buy i wait for the action at the dome - spectators dont count them dont charge me to get in to games - spectators count believe me but only when they want something from you called money

Reply #143660 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

The advertiser this morning states that North are currently looking into additional seating after rejecting BSA's proposal to play a double header as pasadena.

Reply #143675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Silly decision.
Playing at Pasadena would be a lot cheaper and have more atmosphere because of the double header, while stats show that home advantage doesn't exist.

Reply #143696 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Beg to differ it does exist as the only home team to not win their finals game this year is Sturt with out Marino vs West. Every other home team has one their finals game. If i was North i wouldnt budge either.

Reply #143739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear Sir,

The home teams were stronger (higher on the ladder), that's why they won. Using several years of results, it can be statistically proven that there is no home advantage in Adelaide seniors.

Reply #143764 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Ok fair point but im sure if you asked anyone from forestville they are dreading and hate playing at Hillcrest, the great man Jason Dix said it himself that he always hated playing there and for that reason it has to be a home court advantage, as i havent heard a North person say they dont like it there!

Reply #143767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754