TytsMagee
Years ago

Manute Bol turns 30!

Happy Birthday big guy

Topic #12338 | Report this topic

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Thanks T.

It's been such a great day. The Sudanese media have made this headline news today and I've had a 6 page spread in the newspaper "The Sudan". The article also lists some of my achievements over the last 30 years including:
- holding the all time record for blocks in a high school game (38)
- Averaging 22 points a game in college
- Being dunked on by MJ
- Blocking Doc J (See pic below)
- Being involved in multiple sports such as Ice Hockey, Horse Racing and Boxing
- Establishing Sudanese Hoops
- Starring in the movie "Me Myself and Manute"
- Leading the Sudan Supersonics to 3 straight SNBL championships

The Sudanese Government has just announced that the 2nd of August will now be a public holiday and it will be called Manute Bol day.

I'm jumping on a plane today to celebrate my birthday in Adelaide this weekend. The theme will be "Manute rocks SA". I'll be spending a bit of time in the city so come and say hello if you get a chance. I shouldn't be hard to spot.

Me at work earlier today with some of my mates.

Me blocking Doc J back in the glory days of the NBA

Have a great day!

Manute

Reply #143723 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Every dog has its day Manute. Happy Birthday.

PS. Stop bringing up that block. You got lucky.

Reply #143805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee, the hair thats left is turning gey!!???

Reply #143809 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Pfft. Let's do some maths here.

That Doctor J photo, if I'm being generous, couldn't have been taken after say 1987.

So what that means, according to the title of this thread, is that M. Bol would have been aged 10 - at most - at the time it was taken.

Something smells: either there was a 10-year-old 7-foot-7 guy playing in the NBA back then, or the M. Bol on here isn't the real M. Bol.

I don't want to contemplate the second option being true. I just won't hear of it.

Reply #143840 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Good point Bo. Let me explain.

I'm actually 45 (I think) but after my birth certificate was destroyed in a house fire, I had to apply for a new one and I told the authorities that I was 30. They were fine with this and said I could pass for a 30 year old. I feel 30 so I don't see a problem with it. I still feel sharp as ever or that's what the ladies tell me.

My house burnt down earlier this year due to my video player catching fire from the constant taping of March Madness.

I hope this clears things up for you Bo.

Here is a pic of Bo after one his lame effort to win the Tour De France.

This is the real Manute Bol.

Peace

Reply #143851 | Report this post

Manute's G-String  
Years ago

Hey Manute,

Between you and me - somethings a crack up! Happy b'day big fella, catch you tonight and tomorrow.

Reply #143853 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

I managed to take a picture of my house while it was burning down. Unfortunately the garden hose couldn't contain this raging inferno.

img src ="http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6292/houseonfire01qv7.jpg">

PS Never buy a brand named Sonwa

Reply #143865 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Reply #143866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754