Hangin Round
Years ago

That time again: ABA coaching rumours

Yes the season is ending and the rumours come out on who will coach in the ABA next season.
I heard that West are getting many enquiries after Dion resigned due to personal reasons- read nothing into it, but who else will be looking for a coach?

Topic #12371 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

dion resigned????

Reply #144023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spoke to him last night and he said he had too many other commitments to be able to give the time needed to coach ABA.

I wonder if one of the old Westies stalwarts like an Ali or Spear might come back?

Reply #144045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shame tho dion was a great coach and put a lot of time into it

Reply #144134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Kelly Manning. I think initially he was signed for three years (this being his last). Anyone know if he is continuing?

Reply #144188 | Report this post

ding a ling  
Years ago

bell to coach westies - locked in!

Reply #144256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelly Manning had an extension out to 5 years so yes he will be coaching.
Bell from what i've heard is in the mix but West I think would prefer to get either Spear back or Ali.
What about Ninnis...heard he has spoken to about 3 clubs already...my guess would be Eastern, and maybe Southern and Centrals prior to signing on Whitmore and Jury??? Any other guesses who the 3 teams would be?

Reply #144433 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

the warrior are on the hunt for a coach - will they pull a surprise as they did with KB
West going back to true club champions and stalwarts in spear or Ali great move
Watch out at centrals word is whitmore will have the fittest group going around -

Reply #144490 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Could Ninnis be heading back to his old original club? the favorite son may return to the panther lair still.

Reply #144501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West cant go wrong 3 breat options

Reply #144524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Adam Peck get a gig anywhere?

Missed out at Southern again it seems.

Won Division 2 in 2006 at South & has Southern in top spot going into this years finals!

Reply #144536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spear confirmed at West. Any news on Ninnis

Reply #144689 | Report this post

ABA Womens  
Years ago

Reply #144751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spear was probably the safest option for West. They are certainly heading in the right direction and would not want any major shake ups. He should be able to come in fairly seamlessly and continue the good work.

How about the womens coaches - any expected changes?

Reply #144752 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754