AK-47
Years ago

Dallas sign 3 time allstar

The Dallas Mavericks have signed veteran swingman Eddie Jones. Jones is a 3 time allstar who finished last season with Miami after having a stint with the Grizzlies.

Does anyone know or remember which allstar games he played in?

Topic #12388 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you write the 3 time ALLstar because no one would read it or care if you had said Eddie Jones? It worked for me.

Reply #144145 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

AK - Just for your information or anyone else interested, Eddie Jones played in the 1997, 1998 & 2000 All-Star games:

1997 - where he scored 10 points, grabbed 1 rebound, dished 1 assist and managed 2 blocks.
1998 - where he scored 15 points, grabbed 11 rebounds, dished 1 assist and pinched 2 steals.
2000 - where he scored 10 points, grabbed 4 rebounds, dished 3 assists.

Reply #144148 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Thanks for that Bizzy. He did alright then didnt he.

Reply #144149 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Yeah not too bad, I remember him as a quite good/pesky defender.

Reply #144150 | Report this post

Years ago

eddie jones did play ahead of kobe bryant once upon a time

Reply #144154 | Report this post

Bizzy, you could of thought of a cooler word than 'managed' for his blocks. Like... 'annihilated' or 'sent away'

Reply #144158 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

2 year 4 million dollar contract for a 35 year old oft injured bench player.

Man Cuban loves blowing cash!

Jones probably won't see hardly any minutes as well.

Reply #144162 | Report this post

Years ago

i beg the differ...he gave the heat a great spark when he signed with them...hes a quality shooter and a solid defender, fits right in in my opinion

Reply #144164 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Gives them some veteran experience along with Stackhouse off the bench.

Reply #144172 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

At guard they now have
Terry
Stackhouse g-f
Buckner g-f
George g-f
Harris
Ager
Barea
Seibatus

and now Jones

Reply #144176 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

DB5 how many of those players do you expect to get mins George and Stack play a bulk of there mins at SF. Terry and Harris start and see a most of the mins Barea even tho he impressed in the S League wont get many mins same with Ager. Jones should be a solid fit for Dallas just another member of team championship

Reply #144185 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah Terry and Harris start, Stack and George will back them up, as will Buckner, I think Jones will sit a lot, get maybe 10 mins..

Just another player jumping on board to get a ring.

Reply #144187 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Hamma, I hate to rain on your parade but the Mavs won't win the title with Dirk "I wish I could Play D" Nowitski.

Reply #144190 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Jones will play - he will fill the Brent Barry for the Spurs role. Stack will be the Finley type. There is minutes for tehse guys when they choose to go small - they will play Dirk, Howard, Stack, Jones & Terry

Reply #144198 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i hate dirk as much as anyone..but bizzy..'i wish i could play D nowitZki' (not S) nearly got them the best win/loss record in nba history last season...and the mavs have a great shot to win the title

Reply #144210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He may have NEARLY got them the best win/loss record in NBA history......but did he get them past the first round of the playoffs?

Reply #144213 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

nope...doesnt mean they arent legit contenders this year

Reply #144215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

..., Yeah Eddie did start ahead of Kobe...when Kobe was 19.

Reply #144327 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

I think that Jones will get mins barring injuries ofcourse which is a deffinate possibility with him but having another vet on the bench can do nothing but help Dallas IMO and Bizz you can rain on my preseason parade we will rain on yours come finals next year

Reply #144375 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

One source has the MAVS close to sighning Chris Webber and James Posey aswell.

Reply #144377 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

.. or as per the old PBT: 2 Dwights ...

Reply #144537 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754