Promoter
Years ago

Womens ABL Grand Final ~ West v Norwood

Saturday 11th of August
630pm Distinctive Homes Dome

Before the first tip of the year West were spoken about as one of two championship favorites. Norwood on the other hand werent even mentioned as a finals threat.
Now after knocking off the defending champs in Sturt they sit with a 50/50 chance of completing the Cinderella Story.

It will very much be youth vs experience and while West have a wealth of establish talent Norwood have the next breed of stars.

Key player for Norwood will be Nicole Romeo, her stella season being rewarded sunday night but she will look to have a huge impact in this one.
For West it will be Lightning stalwart Sam Woosnam, her class and scoring ability sure to be a strong point.

Ill call this one close but West ripping the back page out of the fairy tale book, West by 7.

Topic #12392 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correction - 6:15pm start.

Reply #144163 | Report this post

Richards is  
Years ago

Where are all the Damien knockers now? Are you there Mr Richards?

Reply #144171 | Report this post

Nwd in a close one.

I expect Nwd's youth will run over Wests experienced crew in the last quarter

Romeo will explode, and lead Nwd to the Championship in a close one. maximum 10pt victory, but expect less than 5.

I know i could be wrong, and its only my opinion. i havent even seen Nwd play this year!!!

Also, if Nwd win the womens, i reckon they'll pul off the double! :O

Reply #144243 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If Norwood can keep Woosnam quiet they will take it.

Flames by 6.

Reply #144266 | Report this post

Dennis Denuto  
Years ago

Bearcats by 15.

Woosnam MVP with a dominate double-double.

Coleman to keep Romeo under 10.

Jenner to haul in 15+ boards!

Reply #144315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go bearcats!!!!!

Reply #144370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when did the bearcats become the ageing vets, they have plenty younger players plus plenty who are in the prime of the their careers

Reply #144378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is since they are playing Norwood, who id suspect the average age is between 20-23

Reply #144401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The average age of the West team is actually only 22 - over half of the team in still playing under 20s.

Reply #144431 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Dennis Denuto,
I dont think Kate Jenner is going to get 15 boards against Emily Fryters. Ill tip with my heart and say Norwood in 5.

Reply #144486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenner will dominate, she is my MVP tip.... Go KJ....

Reply #144535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mahony for mvp ... back to her wnbl best. west by 15-20pts

Reply #144562 | Report this post

knocker 1  
Years ago

Oh Damien, Damien.
Have you lost your Plan B again?

Reply #144641 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:33 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754