Bulldog
Years ago

NBA Live 08

Apparently FIBA has signed a deal with EA Sports to feature some of the World Championship teams in NBA Live 08.

You can play through an eight team elimination tournament (so basically from the second round of the playoffs) in an international tournament, but FIBA has conflicting reports.

First it says only the top eight teams in the world will be available, then later on they say all teams will be available in exhibition mode. Not sure which one it is, but at least it gives everyone in the world a chance to beat the yanks.

Topic #12399 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

pity Aus will only be in exhibition mode.

Reply #144273 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

NBA live should change or even bring out another game with FIBA. they should make it like FIFA , where you can manage all the different clubs and play with all the teams and leagues around the world. I think it would sell just as much if not more as NBA live

Reply #144307 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Thats a magnificent idea Flip!!

Reply #144320 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

Will it feature Newley on the Rockets list to choose from?? and surely NBA Live 09 we'll be looking at Newley AND Jingles!!!

Reply #144335 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

a FIBA game like FIFA would be great. they could have all their NBA teams, and then all the other leagues around the world. it would sell everywhere.
problem is they wouldn't have enough time to do it. every year they say "we would have loved to put in a custom team feature but we just didn't have enough time." so where will the find the time to create a FIFA style game when they couldn't even find the time to put on a custom team feauture? how does the FIFA team find the time to do it all in one year? it's all EA, so why are their different standards for different games

Reply #144342 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Surely EA has some sort of stencil type program where you could just change the teams, players and obviously the sport?

Reply #144345 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

that would be heaps good but what leagues would you include fifa has heaps but the A-league isnt included

Reply #144395 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

The Fiba game idea is a great one that my friends and I have wanted for years now. I'm guessing the NBA wouldn't allow itself to be part of the product because it wants to keep the impression of being the elite basketball league in the world over the European leagues. Still I would prefer to play a FIba rule game than an NBA one. EA just hasn't picked up on the fact that there is a market out there for it yet I guess.

The A-league isn't included in FIfa but neither is a lot of other decent European leagues eg, the Greek league. Unfortunately if EA made a Fiba game the NBL would probably have little chance of being included.

Newley won't be on the Rockets list as he never got signed.

Reply #144405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

actually, FIFA08 will certain teams from the A-League...i'm guessing Sydney and Melbourne

Reply #144418 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

FIFA is supposedly gonna have a couple of a-league teams

WHY HAVE BASKETBALL POWERHOUSES LITHUANIA AND SERBIA BEEN LEFT OUT!!!! China!? Germany! Serbia is ranked 4th and Lithuania 5th, but CHina is only 11th and Germany 9th.

If they want to limit it to 8 teams, they should just go with the top 8 ranked sides, especially when the 9th ranked team is so far behind the 8th in rankings.

Or why not have 10 teams. this really upsets me.

Reply #144420 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

i guess i'm mainly upset about no australia. if you can at least create teams this time around, then i won't be so peeved about it

Reply #144422 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

More importantly than Australia, let's hope that EA include a Croatian team in FIFA 08 - otherwise, who will Andrew Bogut be able to support?

Reply #144426 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Because China has Billians and Billians of kids who will buy the game

Reply #144427 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

very clever with the bogut thing. is that having a crack at me or is it a legit joke?

Reply #144434 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Both.

Reply #144436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am assuming the reason that China and Germany have been put in, is so the "big names" of Yao and Dirk can be seen as playing for their own country's also.

I suppose there would be more appeal in seeing those guys play than Lithuania and Serbia.

Reply #144443 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

it makes little sense though because a country like Serbia can virtually have a top 7 of NBA players. I just think the best international teams should be there. Australia too!

Serbia:

C Nenad Krstic
PF Darko Milicic
SF Peja Stojakovic
SG Sasha Pavlovic
PG Marko Jaric
with Vlad Radmanovic and Mile Ilic on the bench. then add a couple of euroleague guys.

i want to play against guys i've heard of. not a bunch of German lepers with Dirk or CHinese Lepers with Yao.

Reply #144506 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

That won't SELL games thou, china and germany have a HUGE market thus they have their teams put in over other teams.

Reply #145678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754