thedoctor
Years ago

Reggie Miller in Green?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2966170

Danny Ainge thinks Reggie can help win a title. Genuine move by Ainge, or desperation after sending his roster to 'Sota?

Reggie can still shoot I suppose. I'd love him to win a title, so I say why not?

Topic #12406 | Report this topic

stef#4  
Years ago

reggie would be the come on and shoot not much else he would only play a few minutes but he would be a good player to have as a leader and mentor so i say why not

Reply #144394 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

As a Pacers fan, it would be pretty wierd seeing Reg playing for the Celts.

But I dont know why Ainge would bother signing another backup SG. Tony Allen should be getting all the minutes that Ray and Pierce aren't on the court. Its the one position where they have a legitimate backup and he wants to add a 40+ yr old who has been out of the league for 2 years.

Get a real backup PG or backup C

Reply #144397 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Well I remember him dropping 39 when he was 39! Maybe he still has some left in the tank at like 15 mins a game.

Maybe they can see if Bird and McHale want to come back and play too. :-)

But as a Knicks fan, I don't want to see him win a title...

Reply #144399 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Larry Bird is not walking through that door, Kevin McHale is not walking through that door

Reply #144402 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah, McHale is already helping them enough by giving them Garnett.

Reply #144410 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Interesting concept, but I think a lot of people will lose respect for Reggie.

In all seriousness I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves about Championships in Boston - are they a shitload better than they were yes, Chapionship material this year? No.

Reply #144416 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Miller would add something . Good locker room prescence , clutch shooting and hunger , even if it looks like he ain't eaten since '76 .
Plus Tony Allen is coming off a knee recon .
Worth Considering .

Reply #144430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a pierce fan and hence a celtic fan but i think it would be sad to see reggie in anything other than a pacers uniform, it would tarnish his legend. As a whole its also sad to see great champions chase a ring.

Reply #144438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Mark, if they want a 40 year old to do anything, get Mutombo as back-up. They have Perkins and Garnett up-top and some rookies maybe. Get someone on the boards, not another shooter

Reply #144442 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Mutombo wont sign with Boston from what I have read, he seems very settled in Houston. I kind of agree with what some other posters have said, it would be interesting to see Reggie in green but kinda disappointing as well, I will always consider him a Pacer legend. Didn't he call out Malone and Payton for chasing rings with LA a while back?

Reply #144449 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yep, he did:

"I didn't want to be like some other guys who jump on another team's bandwagon just to get a ring," Miller said back in the summer of 2003.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/

Reply #144454 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I dont know if this is really the same purely chasing a ring. If he left Indiana and went straight to another team that was hot favourites then yes I would see it as chasing, but to come back several years later could be partly him missing the game, and not wanting to be in a development team like the pacers. Ofcourse he might have asked the pacers and they said no.

Reply #144459 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

The argument about Miller chasing a ring is irrelevant. For it to be relevant there would need to be talk of him going to a contender (ie team from the West), not Boston.

Reply #144463 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Classic, TMC.

I agree. Its not like he's signing with a contender anyway...

Reply #144465 | Report this post

nnn  
Years ago

i heard on PTI that this could definitely become reality. Contract talks are underway and Danny ainge is more than happy to sign reggie.

dont be surprised to be seeing reggie in a boston uniform this coming season.

Reply #144477 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Will just make watching Boston vs Knicks at the Garden so much better...

Reggie v Spike is great.

Reply #144479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reggie is a bloody champ

Reply #144503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Big shot Bobby can hang around and make clutch plays for teams - So can Reggie. Why not have a go, he has such a sweet shot on him and is an outside player. They could do with him down the stretch.

Reply #144527 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

celtics coaching staff and doc rivers r getting 2 greedy..they have their 3 franchise players no need to spend any more money on a guy who u dont no if he can still play..

Reply #144567 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

plus they have rajon rondo in the pg position/shooting guard they dont need reggie..if u want him hire him as an assitant coach

Reply #144568 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Rajon Rondo is a very young and exciting PG , he is nowhere near a SG ..
Plus even if he were they serve totally different purposes ..

Reply #144589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754