stef#4
Years ago

TWolves

Who does evryone think will be the Twolves leader now without garnett??
Foye?Davis?Jefferson?

Topic #12408 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think they will stink. McHale hasn't exactly got the basis for the best young team ever.

Jefferson and Foye are quality, but they have Blount, Hudson and Jaric's contracts eating up about 20 mil a year combined for the next 3 years. 20 mil a year!! That is what Garnett's salary was. Who would you rather have, Garnett or those three. Just shows how good McHale is as a GM.

Remember they gave up Cassel for Jaric. Ugh.

Reply #144409 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

The way i look at it is that McHale got out of the doghouse on this one... They were going NOWHERE with KG and had no hope of things changing anytime soon - so all things considered things are looking way better than when KG was on the roster before the trade... If at least 2 of the players are all star caliber then they have come up trumps... Jeff probably a sure thing on that count, Green is talented but that isnt always enough, Bassy looking like a lock for my All Post NBA Career ####-Up Team - but stranger things have happened, and Gomes a nice 6th man 3-4 man... Not to forget the 2 first rounders that are on the books...

Reply #144415 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

And look out for Smith the 2nd year PF from Boston College - whose promise last year made the decision to move Garnett easier (he's no Kg but he could be a 16/10 player easily)... Problem is there's a logjam at PF now - unless you move Jeff to C - which might be okay against teams with weak Cs but the Duncans, Wallaces, et al will kill him...

Reply #144417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Granted they will be getting 2 first round draft picks, but it's not like they will be lottery picks or anything.

With the team the Celts have, they should make the playoffs, which pushes the draft pick down considerably.

Reply #144432 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Better than drifting off to oblivion without getting anything for KG... At least this way they have a chance at breaking the cycle... And if if either of the holy trinity get injured - that C's pick starts to look really good... I have been worrying about KG breaking down "Pervis Ellison Like" for the last few years now (he has taken a real beating and has allegedly been playing through some serious pain for a few seasons now)...

Reply #144448 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I agree. Celts are an injury away from floating into oblivion. All they need is for PP to break down and Allen's ankle to snap (neither of which are too unlikely) and KG is in a WORSE spot than last season. Then the draft picks could be lottery.

I still say KG should have stuck out one more year then opted out and gone to a real contender... Imagine if the Bulls with KG just added on top. Yipes.

Reply #144457 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think Hudson has been bought out

Reply #144460 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I heard the same thing SVD

Reply #144470 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I think Jefferson becomes the Wolves best player/leader. Should have a near All-Star season, provided he dosn't regress on his improvements last season.

Minny have a decent core, alot of young guys who have great potential in Jeff, Brewer, Foye, McCants. If they can grow as a unit, they could become a decent team in a couple of years.

Reply #144484 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Brewer should be team leader only player there that knows how to win

Reply #144488 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah Hudson has been bought out, but he's still on the books for the next two or three years, at almost full salary.

And I wouldn't get too itchy on Jefferson being an all star. He now has to bang bodies with quality centers all year, rather than the center deprived East. This will make life harder for him! I still think he will be an all star, he just needs two years or so to develop more.

Reply #144504 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

T'wolves could be nice in a couple of years and if not still will have a lot of cattle to trade with .

FOYE / TELFAIR
DAVIS / HASSELL / McCANTS
GREEN / BREWER
SMITH / GOMES / HOWARD
JEFFERSON / BLOUNT / RATLIFF

Bloated yes , versatile ? very .

Alot is dependant on development and fulfillment of potential , also need Ricky boy to lead the team consistently or ship him out .

IMO there is alot to be excited about if they can put it all together .

Reply #144545 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Apologies 24 , likeminded . Only read your post after mine .

P

Reply #144546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754