Anonymous
Years ago

More rumours

Imagine if you were trying to sign players for next season, but your GM hadn't spoken to your owner for 6 weeks.

Topic #12437 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

Yeh this post make absolutely no sense at all, thanks for your input

Reply #144674 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

I'm with Skud. What the hell are are talking about? Or more to the point who are talking about? Sixers , Lightning, others?

Reply #144692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost: David Barlow (Melbourne Tigers); Brad Sheridan (Townsville Crocodiles); Ed Scott; Jerome Beasley; Anthony Susnjara
Gained: Glen Saville (Wollongong Hawks)
Retained: Jason Smith, Mark Worthington, Luke Kendall, Russell Hinder, Cameron Tovey, Ian Crosswhite, BJ Carter
Roster spots remaining: 2 (2 imports)

Reply #144697 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Is that the new Boomers roster ... oh hang on that is the Sydney Kings

Reply #144758 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Is it because the owner is pretending that his company actually does something and is busy trying to prove it? As well as trying to prove it is not an arm of the Russian Mafia?

Reply #144762 | Report this post

camel 42  
Years ago

There is a huge rumour doing the rounds that an NBL club is in serious trouble and the board has been engaged in crisis talks within the past week. Apparently the owner of this club has been making promises and not delivering and the club needs a massive cash injection to survive (something close to $1 million). Not good to say the least.

Reply #144763 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Sounds to me like the Kings.

Proudly brought to you by "Smoke & Mirrors" financial backing.

Reply #144764 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

More reason for Rick to run? Knows what is coming and does not want to be part of it?

Reply #144765 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

probably singapore

Reply #144766 | Report this post

camel 42  
Years ago

It's not Singapore.

Reply #144772 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Either Kings or the Gong

Here is why

Cairns cashed up

Tville cashed up

Vegas they got Groves money man

Blaze haven't has time to blow the start up cash yet

Kings owner under investigation from ASIC apparently

Gong preseason ? over viability plus players running to other clubs suggests something is up

Slingers have got the $ they need for one last blast

Perth big $ backer

Tiggers Shamus money in them and are making a profit too.

Sixers Groves, sorry Mal's money in

Pigs could be but are making noise that the $ deal is sorted.

Reply #144775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The NBL will stay in close contact with the Sydney Kings in relation to this issue, and will follow the course of any investigation by ASIC with great interest," Burton said. "As I'm sure will all the other sports that Firepower are involved with as sponsors or owners. It would, however, be reckless and premature to speculate on the outcome of any such investigation or of any potential NBL action which might arise from this matter.

"The Sydney Kings are financial with the NBL and under no investigation by my office at this time."

Reply #144789 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

Justin Bailey is apparently in contract negotiations with the kings

Reply #144800 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings in trouble.

Reply #144824 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Well, Goorj sent every other club he worked for broke, why should Sydney be any different?

Reply #144830 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

While I've never liked the Kings, it always sad when a team folds so lets hope they stay alive.

Reply #144831 | Report this post

Stadium Monkey  
Years ago

Sydney folding would be the death of the league.

If you cant get support in the biggest city in the country, what hope do the rest have?

Reply #144834 | Report this post

exactly - although i wonder exactly what sort of basketball culture exists there.

most people i meet from sydney are struggling to survive.

most people i read about or see on TV that live in sydney are on the high life.

that about says it all

Reply #144839 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

The logic: A city which has a big population should get big crowds just doesn't work. Cairns and Townsville get much better crowds than Sydney and that a population of 600,000 vs 3 million. Basketball just doesn't seem to be popular in Sydney. People only want to know about Rugby and AFL. And speaking of Sydney, when they were deciding on where to have the Boomers games they must have thought "We'll get the best crowds in the biggest cities". WRONG! Adelaide have had really good crowds for ages, reward us with what we deserve, a Boomers game!

Reply #144860 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

Rumour has it that there will be more rumour files!

Reply #144862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We pay the Coaches and players too much

Reply #144933 | Report this post

Rumour is that Pogo i spreading rumours...

Sydney sux.

Reply #145139 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

Here are a few more for you;

Dunlup wont be coaching the 6ers next year.

Apparently Mark Davis wont suit up for the 6ers again.

Mitsubishi has ended its sponsorship of the NBL.

John Dorge has retired from playing.

Tonny Jensen wont be pulling on a 6ers singlet, despite coming to Adelaide and being met at the airport by Brett Maher.

I have heard another rumor that Newley will not be suiting up for the 6ers.

I also have it on good authority that Pickles Ex-housmate really knows his stuff!

Reply #145377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754