Informer
Years ago

Southern Tigers New Coach - rumour

From all reports the Southern Tigers will be sacking Heath Jury and filling the role of Head Coach over the next couple of weeks. The have also got quite a bit of money to spend this time so will be targeting someone decent. Players were simply not happy with his coaching last year and were ready to walk if he stayed on.

Topic #12502 | Report this topic

Phil McKracken  
Years ago

Informer, you no say
that's who I'm gonna blame
a licky boom boom down
Detective man said Daddy Snow
I stabbed someone down the lane
a licky boom boom down

Reply #145591 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

People them say you come from jamaica,
But me born an raised in the ghetto thats the one I want you to know,
Pure black people mon thats all I mon know.
Yeah me shoes are tear up an me toes used to show,
Where me born in on the one toronto

Reply #145593 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

I was wondering how long that was going to take!!!

Reply #145594 | Report this post

Time to gel  
Years ago

check your source mate.

Reply #145596 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

My source are the players so it is legit...Is that you Heath???

Reply #145599 | Report this post

Time to gel  
Years ago

Yeah it is.

Reply #145601 | Report this post

Phil McKracken  
Years ago

Sorry Informer, I couldn't help it. It was the first thing that came to mind.

Reply #145602 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

And I was just copying Phil

Reply #145603 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

So then i'm assuming you know nothing about this?

Reply #145604 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Informer, I think you'll find that you're wrong. Might want to let it go.

Reply #145605 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

No problem Isaac, we will just have to wait and see.

Reply #145607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find that Informer may well be correct, unless things have changed in the last couple of days.

Reply #145610 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's interesting to note that no Southern Tigers supporter or player has actually come on to correct this post if it is wrong.

Reply #145619 | Report this post

lickitysplit  
Years ago

probably coz it is right, and half the team is leavin!

Reply #145620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the Southern Tiger supporters and players can see this thread for what it is and just another Southern bashing based on unfounded information.

Does not really deserve a response.

Reply #145621 | Report this post

I am a Southern Tiger supporter and and I can see this thread for what it is - just another Southern bashing based on unfounded information.

Unfortunately I felt someone did need to respond.

Reply #145622 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

Sorry Pickles but from what i've heard along the "grape vine" this is pretty true to what has been happening behind the scenes. It will be interesting to see how the club handles it.
It's definitely not an attempt to club bash, you have my word on that.

Reply #145623 | Report this post

Ok, fair nuff - time will tell i guess.

Reply #145624 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Maybe this is Bill Hopkins last hurah before he leaves. Another shafting before he sighns off. Is anyone really surprised by this?

Reply #145627 | Report this post

Clayton Bigsby  
Years ago

They should give Adam Peck a go, he has taken the tigers reserves team to the final this year and this is after taking the panthers reserves team to the final last year, or they can wait a year and get phil after he gets fired so he can come down south and make the tigers a true laughing stock!!!

Or they could try and get Brett Maher as a player coach.

Reply #145629 | Report this post

mnm  
Years ago

Good to see that Souithern are spending heaps on their senior program again and ignoring their juniors.

Reply #145634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only the men's program, the women get nothing!

Reply #145638 | Report this post

Hey - Snipers... When's the AGM?

Why not get along and vote for who you want, or better still, step up.

...If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got...

Reply #145641 | Report this post

snoti bogy bottom  
Years ago

Pickles ex - housemate, You have no Idea! When was the last time any of the any of the hierarchy down there gave you the time of day? Oh and by the way I've never seen you at a Southern AGM and I've been to them all. So who are you to tell others what to do is beyond me. As you have cry as well. Informer I'm hearing the same thing from senior mens players. Some of which would be classified as the leaders of the team.

Reply #145679 | Report this post

Yaoza  
Years ago

Only money could lure a good coach to this toxic group of underachiever. What have they done over the last five or six years with different coaches. Once in the playoffs. "Southern Leadership" now there is an oxymoron.

Reply #145684 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

Has anyone heard who got the woodville coaching ABA positions last night at the meeting

Reply #145691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heath Jury. lol

Reply #145704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was some discussions at Board level. But Heath Jury will be staying on. This thread is a joke and the Informer is obviously way behind the times.

Reply #145708 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, there you go.

Reply #145709 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

If your on the board then I would suggest you talk to your playing group, because you'll either be changing your coach or be finding a new group of players.
What came of the players meeting last Thursday night?

Reply #145711 | Report this post

ASIO Agent  
Years ago

Well not really seeing the players only found out last nite at training and this thread started yesterday.

And the club has lots of money??

Of course it would if they asked every player for an extra $100 dollars a few months back and you don't pay the previous womens coach anything for all of last years and half of this years service.

Reply #145712 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

would seem not happy campers at southern - for the good of basketball get it sorted out - anybody heard of communication - why dont you guys talk - surely cant be that hard

Reply #145715 | Report this post

Board Member  
Years ago

All players were interviewed last Thursday including Heath and Heath's appointment made a month ago stands.

Informer no need to guess or start unfounded rumours anymore.

Well move on and ensure we put together a successfull program.

Not much more to be said really.

Reply #145725 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

It's good to see then that the board and the club have stood by there coach and not let bully tactics change there original decision.

Reply #145740 | Report this post

Dear Bogey-bum,
I've never been to a Southern AGM - but the difference is i've never come on here and whinged about the committee members or the club either.

Just like other people, i do have a cry as well, but i chose to air my grievances in a far less public way than many others, or put up with the issue.

Reply #145750 | Report this post

Pissed Tiger  
Years ago

Good Luck Heath... you will need it. I suggest you start going out to some Div 4 senior training sessions, because that is who you will be playing in your ABL side next season. No disrespect, but if Heath Jury coaches the ABL side next year, the club may as well close its doors right now. Beginning of the end, I'm telling you right now.

Reply #145752 | Report this post

laughable  
Years ago

haha Southern the joke of the SA basketball community! Should change your logo from Hear the Roar to HEAR US BITCH!!

Reply #145759 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

To all the negative posters on here you people seem to get your jollies sniping at players/coaches/clubs/anything you dont agree with in general.

The Coach obviously has the Club's and the players' support after a meeting was held on Thursday and the coach remains - or so pro Heath & Southern posts tell us. Leave it at that and stop trying to threaten and humiliate people.

If some are disgruntled then maybe they should be man enough to talk to the person concerned face to face and sort something out instead of backstabbing and sniping on a public forum and humiliating the coach concerned. Or leave and go somewhere else and see how much better that somewhere else is.

Move on and leave the appointed coach to work with his team and stop knocking.

Anon

Reply #145760 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

To all the negative posters on here you people seem to get your jollies sniping at players/coaches/clubs/anything you dont agree with in general.

The Coach obviously has the Club's and the players' support after a meeting was held on Thursday and the coach remains - or so pro Heath & Southern posts tell us. Leave it at that and stop trying to threaten and humiliate people.

If some are disgruntled then maybe they should be man enough to talk to the person concerned face to face and sort something out instead of backstabbing and sniping on a public forum and humiliating the coach concerned. Or leave and go somewhere else and see how much better that somewhere else is.

Move on and leave the appointed coach to work with his team and stop knocking.

Anon

Reply #145761 | Report this post

laughable  
Years ago

Should talk to your president because he backstabs and knifes people when he feels likes it. I think Heath should have the role but obviously internally people don't. You make your own problems by continually treating people like dirt, and then having people come on here and air their greivances. I wouldn't ask people to go and see what its like elsewhere, because it is highly probable that they will say 'why didn't i do this sooner?'

Reply #145766 | Report this post

Snoti bogy bottom  
Years ago

Do you think your answer is that good you had to post it twice? The people at southern have to be positive about the appointment? Look at where the mens program has come the last few years, around the bottom of the table (something to be proud of, Not!). Some would say thats where they belong. Maybe! I don't think so, so the thing is for them to be successful there has to be some blood letting now. Either a new coach (that was only done 12 months ago) or getting rid of the players that aren't getting the job done. I'm not having a bitch, I just want them around the top of the table. However if players are complaining about the coach and he does nothing about it. Lets just say leopards can't change there spots! So they will continue on the same path "failure". Good luck.

Reply #145767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti?

Reply #145782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It's good to see then that the board and the club have stood by there coach and not let bully tactics change there original decision."

If you call the opinions and thoughts of Senior players that have been at the Club for over 15 years 'bully tactics' then you've got another thing coming Informer.

If I were a head coach of a diminishing side who's players obviously aren't happy and who's position was causing this much controversy - I'd do the smart thing and step down.

Reply #145799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The club should be held to ransom by a group of players who won all of six games last year?

Reply #145805 | Report this post

that's what i thought. already seem to have a bit of a logjam at a couple of positions. maybe thin them out a bit. surely some responsibility lies with the players for the results in recent years??

Reply #145808 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

too many players who just ain't as good as they think they are ... simple as that ...

Reply #145820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pissed Tiger Quote:
"Beginning of the end, I'm telling you right now."

You guys have not been good for a long time and now it is the beginning of the end. And you guys were bad before Heath and will probably be bad after him. Perhaps div 4 player canĀ“t do any worse.

Reply #145873 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Bring back Willie Joseph

Reply #145875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I definately don't think that the Tigers have under acheived over the last 8 years. Their players just are not very good. Any team starting Bowley and Lalic as bigs is never going to win many games!

Reply #145923 | Report this post

Stimpy  
Years ago

145799, numnuts its all about time served. What have any of those players done.... Ever???

Reply #145925 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

GO TIGERS!!

Reply #146046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754