Anonymous
Years ago

Goorj making a stand

Goorj putting the acid on absent stars, good to see!!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,22306731-23769,00.html?from=public_rss

Topic #12568 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The significance of Cameron sinking consecutive baskets to seal the game was not lost on Goorjian, who had to make do without centres Andrew Bogut, Chris Anstey, Luke Schenscher and Matt Nielsen throughout the Olympic qualifying series.

All four made themselves unavailable for the three-Test series, with Anstey openly making his NBL club Melbourne a higher priority than the Boomers.
Wasn't aware that Schenscher had made himself unavailable?

Reply #146307 | Report this post

Astor 90  
Years ago

Boy Goorj would argue that schench made himself unavailable when he injured himself on the last boomers tour.

Reply #146318 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not sure exactly when Neilson started playing centre either.

Reply #146320 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Goorj Quote on Mills
His understudy Patrick Mills showed glimpses of his exciting potential, but Goorjian said the teenager still had a lot to learn about running an offence.

So does Goorj

Reply #146325 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Shane has alot to learn about how to commentate as well.

Reply #146353 | Report this post

The Goorj  
Years ago

Earth to goorjan... We already qualified the night before! What did that game mean? We could've played the under 12 girls state team in brisbane and it wouldnt've changed a thing in terms of qualifying! Shouldn't he be happy if anything that we won with a so called second string team?

Reply #146401 | Report this post

I like brian goorjian. he should be our Australian coach

Reply #146406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

philando, Why comment about Shane heal. Your a dick!

Reply #146538 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

i like gorilla , he should be our resident gorilla .

Reply #146545 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Speaking of taking shots at non-attendees, were there any mascots in the Oceania series?

If it's good enough for the FIBA Americas tournament to have Jay Jay, then it should have been good enough for us.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(I get uncomfortable thinking about what Jay Jay intends to do with the ball in its current state: I fear some sort of American Pie-like incident. Thumbs up indeed, Jay Jay.)

Reply #146564 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I reckon thats just Grover from Sesame Street after an episode of "Pimp My Muppet" with Xzibit on MTV!

Reply #146566 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There was some kinda kangaroo/Boomer that looked like a rabid dog, and I think I also noticed the South Dragon mascot there at the Melbourne game?

Reply #146567 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Nice, Statman. Somebody or something has pimped that ball already.

I love the idea of the marketing dudes sitting around the table saying things like:

- "no, the shoes are still too small"
- "that hair needs to be more french-friey"
- "let's get him in a pic where the ball has somehow exploded, but only the top half has exploded, and we'll leave it unclear exactly how it exploded, and all you'll know is that somehow Jay Jay was responsible for it, but that he's not a menacing, sinister mascot capable of evil such as randomly blowing out the tops of basketballs but that he's really a pretty funky and friendly kind of mascot because he's got his cap on backwards and wears oversized novelty shoes, but he's still got this kind of energy about him that's impossible to ignore."

Reply #146569 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would suggest bringing back Fat Cat on second thought Vlahov is doing such a good job in Perth he may not have the time

Reply #146571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754