UPSET!!
Years ago

NH: Roc Tha Block (GAME NO SHOW)

Hey,
I wentto roc tha block last night???

The Game didnt even show up! what a load of crap. He was one of the main artists and a big reason i went!

Akon and Naughty bu Nature were awsome though!

Did any1 hear why The Game didnt show up?

Topic #12614 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Visa, I knew last week but they didn't want to lose sales.

Reply #146795 | Report this post

UPSET  
Years ago

I believe he was in Melbourne on the 29/8 for their show???

Akon and Games Visas were approved.

Apparantly he pulled out of the ADL concert only hours before it started. the ppl at the gates didnt even know about it.

Reply #146808 | Report this post

metal-up-your-ass  
Years ago

The truth is he realised how gay hip-hop is and raced down to purchase "motorhead" tickets.Lets see if "the Game" and fittycent sell out arenas in ten years time!!!

Reply #146810 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Good Charlotte will definitely sell out arenas though

Reply #146812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard that Game was pretty disappointed with ticket sales in other states. This may be a reason why he didn't come to Adelaide due to crap ticket sales he may have just bailed.

Reply #146829 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Maybe someone busted a cap in his ass?

Reply #146834 | Report this post

metal-up-your-ass  
Years ago

The game needs to "get some nuts"!!!

Reply #146835 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

he came down with the flu thats been going around. the people organising the show did a s**t job from the start, not really any promo work done for it till week or 2 before the actual event, only to have dates changed, resulting in 2 different artists from the original. they told people at the gates before doors opened to let people know they can get full refund if they dont go in. apparently partial refunds are being made though as a result. the crowd by the way was shocking, adelaide is known for having the best crowds in adelaide, everyone at the show was standing still and didnt even know half of naughty by natures stuff, what the hell? way too many teeny boppers there aswell

Reply #146940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adelaide has best crowds in adelaide? hey u man australia right?

Reply #146942 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yea my bad... meant best in australia

Reply #146944 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Reply #146950 | Report this post

Dom White  
Years ago

Ricey does it again not only is he a poet on the keyboard he is a poet of the paint

Reply #147032 | Report this post

Julie  
Years ago

The Game didn't show up because he has issues about performing b4 Akon-who was the headliner, as Game felt he should have been number 1....sad, but true.

The promoters did all they could for this show...2 acts had 2 bail, because the promoter's went through hell and back to get Game and Akon's visa's approved...

Overall the Sydney show was awesome-Naughty by Nature, Pitbull and Akon all up on stage together was a spontaneous decision that worked well in the end...

Reply #147037 | Report this post

johndoe  
Years ago

no way, the organisation 4 it this year was fukin bullshit, i got a call an hr b4 the show askin if "I was aware the concert date had changed." wat sorta shit is that, n they change the line up and come up with fukin sisqo......SISQUO!! WTF IS THAT SHIT. they betta get their shit 2getha 4 next yr

Reply #147058 | Report this post

johndoe  
Years ago

and game not showing up, well if hes sik thats cool, but i was soo pissed off, mainly because im worried there wont b a next time to see him perform

Reply #147059 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

wont be long till hes back... and when he does, will be a solo tour. so instead of gettin parts of songs and bullshit parts to lengthen the show, we will get a proper show

Reply #147079 | Report this post

tharealist  
Years ago

all the talk bout the Game being sick; problems with the Game having an issue with performing before Akon is bullshit! Truth is that the Game didn't perform because he wasn't paid by the promoters! Instead, he got the run around gettin told he would be paid before the Melbourne show, then after the Melbourne show before his management decided to pull him out of the show! Don't believe the bs the promoters insist u on believing. Truth be told that if they had done the visas on signing contracts with the artists and paying artists on time, there wouldn't be any problems. These guys have a history of fuck-ups under their belt, all due to their own unprofessionalism.

Reply #147083 | Report this post

sean  
Years ago

the game did not even come to australia so u r all wrong. i dont know why he did not come but its a joke its false advertising and the reason the show was shit is cause people were only there to see the game

Reply #147089 | Report this post

therealist  
Years ago

wrong! the game did come to australia and performed in melbourne. that was the only place he did perform!

Reply #147095 | Report this post

Moosey  
Years ago

anyone happen to catch the massive fight at the show..whats with ppl being such F**Knuts in adelaide at hip-hop shows ppl get a crip of urselfs dont wreck sh**

Reply #147101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all these fools should know that dope ass rapper GaMe deserves his OWN crown and concert ... fuck akon !!!

Reply #147104 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

its not just adelaide shows, i was at ice cube in gold coast, same shit there... just some people like to go over board in the 'mosh' area if you will and end up pissin hell people off, resulting in their heads gettin knocked in... only real problem i had at the concert here in adelaide was in lineup some dude thought he could choke a chick untill i said otherwise, and also people being 5 foot not seeing over me at the front and thinkin they deserve to be infront of me cause they didnt line up early enough.

i was told personally from the promoter herself that game was unwell, but could be true he wasnt paid on time, but then again what about the other acts? they performed, so was it just a once off thing with him not gettin paid, or is that also just a rumour... no one will ever really know.

On other news, how bout Nas not coming anymore to aus because the promoters leaked the concert too early and other crap about it, and as a result his management decided to pull the plug cause the handling of the concert was so poor

Reply #147105 | Report this post

Julie  
Years ago

Game performed in Melbourne and in Perth...he wasn't sick he's just a dickhead..the promoters are sueing Game now..

Reply #147117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh, the whole event was a disgrace, on the artists and promiters behalf. Game wouldnt be where he is now if it werent for his fans, and pissin off Adelaide, then performing in Melbourne seems strange. There were hundreds of people in their BWS hoodies and T's out front in sydney going off. I'll leave u with this, remember what happened to busta ryhmes after he pulled shit like this, none of his CD's have sold well in Oz after that, and no1 here wants to promote him!!

Reply #147140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Melbourne show was before the Adelaide show. Pretty sure he missed Sydney (the night after Adelaide) and is also going to miss NZ.

Reply #147148 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

disgrace on artists behalf is bit harsh, think everyone who performed did well. unlucky part for all but akon was that 90% of the crowd where teeny boppers and what not. if game is sick as has been stated by promoters, performers, etc then he prolly wouldnt have performed in sydney, and if he doesnt perform in NZ then looks like he may be sick. guess we will have to wait and see

Reply #147158 | Report this post

haz  
Years ago

140 bucks is no way worth it for roc da bloc. cube and wc was only 90 and they killed it in sydney. go cop wc's new album it's better than the studio gangsta 50 cent bullshit. d'oaded it last week n it's horseshit. kanye's has way better flow and lyrically is doper. 50's is jus like the massacre...crap.

but hey, at least he shows up to his concerts! and puts on a good show as well.

i cancelled my tix when they postponed, i knew these guys would fuck it up. they did it 2 yrs ago when twista n fabolous cancelled and they had ja rule n chingy!

australia always get's fkd over by hiphop acts.

i remember going to summer jam in new york 2 yrs ago n they had every hiphop act under the sun there; luda, outkast, kanye, TI, jay-z, game, dipset, snoop.

Reply #147164 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

125 bucks, but hey lol

WC new album is sick... i know i got it

hopefully someone in australia can start a promotions company like im trying to, which will not screw people over

Reply #147167 | Report this post

ebs*  
Years ago

Hey guys i randomly came across your site...

THE GAME PLAYED PERTH> I TOOK THE PHOTOS>>>>HE WAS DOPE>>>>

IT WAS THE PROMOTERS THAT FUCKED UP THE SHOW.....DIDNT TELL HIM THEY WERE STADIUM SHOWS ..AND THUS DIDNT PAY HIM ACCORDINGLY...

PEACE...GANGASTERS DONT LIKE GETTING PLAYED.

Reply #147471 | Report this post

Bailey  
Years ago

the game had the flu

Reply #147472 | Report this post

FUK GAME NOW  
Years ago

THOUGHT U WERE BETTER THAN THAT GAME MAN WHAT A FUKIN LET DOWN

Reply #147570 | Report this post

FUK GAME NOW  
Years ago

give a nica a bit of respect n power n look what happens he shits on the people who made him who he is today - thanks

Reply #147572 | Report this post

FUK GAME NOW  
Years ago

give a nica a bit of respect n power n look what happens he shits on the people who made him who he is today - thanks

Reply #147573 | Report this post

babygurl  
Years ago

ppl get ya storie stright tha game diddnt show up cuz he had da flu an if u were actully listning u would have known dat for fuk sake seriously listen next time..... woot woot i touched akon lmao he iz seriously HOTT :p who got hiz gurnsey?? crowz rock!!! oh an im a "teenie bopper" lmao an who cares if i am cuz at leased i showed up i luv rap n hiphop lmao so did anyone here me screem "senigal" ?? well i waz da onli one who actully new where akon lived meh oh an if ppl dont want "teenie boppers" at concertz like that dont go cuz there waz no age restrictions soo any way.... add me [email protected]

(Mod: I've highlighted what you got correct.)

Reply #148104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...uhhh what???

Oh sorry I forgot we should all hail you because you were 'the only one who knew where akon lived' :S yeh ok. Pity you'd have no idea about Sisqo except for the 'thong song' and would've had no idea who Naughty by Nature were. I wish they would put age restrictions on a concert like this to stop people like you going who just say "omg he's hot that's why I like his music" or should i say "OmG Akon iz sooo serisly HOT!!! I luv hiz muzk".

This had potential to be a great concert. Pity it was a little bit of a let down with poor promotion, dates pushed back, artists having to pull out. And the tshirts saying "I was at the ultimate urban experience" or something like that, haha what a joke. Out of all 3 Roc Tha Block's that have come to the Australian shores, this was the worst. Jay Z killed it when he came out last year.

ps. Isaac get rid of her email address. Or just spam it :P either way.

Reply #148112 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754