Isaac
Years ago

More NBL Pre-Season Games

The Blaze topped Townsville last night, 111-98.

Harvey 29, Crowe 20 and 10 assists, Frank 17 points.

For the Crocs, Egan had 23, Ellis 22.

Melmeth missed the game for Gold Coast while I think Pepper, Vanderjagt and Sheridan were out for Townsville.

---

The Breakers have again beaten the Dragons, getting up 94-88 on the road. Ronaldson had 25, Forman 19, Rickert 13, Winitana 12. For the Dragons, Groves 20, Burston 17, Ingles 16.

Much quieter game for Rickert after his 39 and 19 on debut.

Boxscore

Of course, the 36ers have their first of two home pre-season games tonight...

Topic #12665 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

J Ho's shooting on the improve under Heal 2/13.

Reply #147508 | Report this post

Years ago

tigers lost to china 69-56

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=5436

and the video...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/olympics/2007-09/04/content_6079978.htm

Reply #147532 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

-I went to the Cage last night. The game was a bit scrappy with both teams trying different combinations (Der!)
-Tigers were real strong on the boards and the Dragons big men struggled when trying to match up with the likes of Anstey and Stiff. Hoare and Thomas were very effective for the Tigers with Groves the standout for the Dragons.
-Last year watching Horvath, I kept saying that he was a decent player. After seeing him last night I would have to say, if he is still there at the end of the season, I'd be surprised. Very lazy in D, making silly fouls etc. At the start of the game they were feeding him a bit inside but as the combinations changed so did the offences.
-Holmes has improved under Heals expert guidance. His shooting technique has improved. I only witnessed once last night where he put up a very flat shot, but that was under pressure as the shot clock was winding down.
-Jingles was very effective.
-I didn't think much of Burston but I'll give him a break because he is coming back from injury.
-Shane Heal. When he was on the court he lead well, fed well and shot extremely well. Excellent court vission. I think he put up about 2 bricks and they were rushed shots with about 1.5 secs left on the shot clock.
-Dragons do have a lot of different scoring options Heal/Groves/Jingles and then inside Burston and Horvath. The bench provided good support with Seebohm/Hobba etc.
-On the Tigers side they are a class outfit. D-Mac the 400 year veteran can still match it with some of the younger ones. Corletto had a good game with Anstey, Hoare and Thomas. Westover didn't take the court and didn't think much of Sturt (needs to bulk up a bit).
-Tigers won by 3. 102-99?

Reply #147760 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754