anon
Years ago

Nathan Jawai

not sure of spelling but this kid is a monster from cairns like people thoughts who saw him play over weekend - they say he is just 20 - man mountain and agile and loves it tough inside
any body as impressed as me -

Topic #12690 | Report this topic

booga  
Years ago

this guy will hold down the middle in this country for a long time. baby shaq could be right but hopefully he pulls his finger out and gets himself fitter and will dominate. if blackie was smart he should bring in ome old school players to go one on one with him to help with his learning, players like rees, sengstock,bradtke, and even kruger just to toughen him up a bit.

Reply #147815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sengstock is about 110 now mate i thnk his days of one on one would b over and he wouldnt b strong enuff anymore, guys like bradtke are a brilliant idea tho ill giv u creedence for that, hed destroy rees now, rees body is gone

Reply #147816 | Report this post

sup  
Years ago

Nate is a monster! Am a huge fan. Twenty years old, strong, explosive and about 135 kg! Despite his size has a lightning first step and is athletic as hell! Will make for a heap of highlights this year! Also has great touch and is a very good passer. Only thing working against him at this point is impatience and attitude. Really nice bloke but doesn't take direction from coaches well (country boy :). We didn't get to see much of him this weekend but am telling you this kid can hoop! Scored 26 against Townsville last weekend and is still only playing very limited minutes. Really impressed at Boomers camp earlier in the year. Is from Bamaga, north eastern tip of Australia. First touched a basketball at 17! Exciting prospect.

Reply #147818 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

he seemed to have a few brain fades specially with a few missed dunks but he is a monster

Reply #147819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i can definately see a heap of potential there to wrk with, he has major upside in his game. Really physical from what i saw but just needs to get basketball "smart" coz he definately has the body to become a dominant big man in this league and potentially for Austrlalia in the future.

Reply #147840 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

But is his upside tremendous?

Reply #147847 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Has been intimidating for a couple of years. Had some scary minutes for AIS when he was there and some monster dunks in this years ABA finals with Cairns. Big talent.

Reply #147850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really nice bloke but doesn't take direction from coaches well (country boy :).

What is that meant to mean??

So now only metro kids take direction well do they??

Reply #147860 | Report this post

So you mean, there might be a dunk this year in the NBL! This is exciting news. I might even watch a game

Reply #147873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been well documented that country kids are slower learners and have trouble with authority, hence why they are inferior skill wise to their metro brethren...............
p.s I'm joking.

Reply #147881 | Report this post

Heshon Bag Mole  
Years ago

I think the most exciting thing about him is that he looks exactly like Darryl Dawkins aka. Chocolate Thunder.

Reply #147908 | Report this post

Maybe he'll do a yo mama jam. when he swivels his hips a little

Reply #147949 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:47 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754