Baller
Years ago

Whistle Blower Promotion

I see Ben Mcdonald did his first Nbl game on saturday. Congratulations

This shows that hard work in the State League (Aba ref of the year) pays off

I remember giving him a tech foul in social all those years ago, he thought he could do better

by the end of next year hopefully Welby will be the next to be rewarded for years of good service imo

SA now has 6 Nbl umpires, and only 1 team which shows the SA umpires are doing well nationaly.

Topic #12696 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Definitely not his first NBL game, where have you been?

Reply #147913 | Report this post

Baller  
Years ago

I just checked your facts with someone who would know for sure, and it seems he has done pre season before.

I have simply not been to any of those games.

My mistake.

Reply #147919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand one of the refs called alan black a "cockhead" to his face too.

HOw to make friends and influence people....

Reply #147920 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Spot on the money though

Reply #147925 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

I am not sure there is any fact involved there.

Reply #147927 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

oh and ben has a second n

Reply #147928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its says alot about the league that he is now doing NBL games. Without a doubt the worst ref in the abl! Ask any player.

Reply #147930 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I can categorically confirm that no umpire called anyone a cockhead, but I can confirm words were had between an umpire and Alan Black in the race at half time on friday night. What surprises me the most is that Alan Black was the confrontational one and he wants the referee reported. If you were at the game you would have heard Trevor Baker called for over the PA System - Alan wanted the said umpired removed from the game for the second half.

I also heard that Alan has Chuck Harmison on speed dial and caused quite a commotion at the referee/coach preseason session held in Cairns - something about them screwing up the competition - insert expletives similar to what we see from another Queensland coach (ie GC).

Reply #147934 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Oh and I reckon Ben actually travelled up to cairns for some preseason games to help them out.

Reply #147935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754