Nick
Years ago

Tigers win local derby

The Melbourne Tigers beat the South Dragons 99-93 at the Cage. The was a crowd of 1,892 on hold which is pretty big for a pre-season game.

Melbourne Tigers 99 (Stephen Hoare 16, Dave Thomas 14, David Barlow 14)
South Dragons 93 (Cortez Groves 20, Shane Heal 19, Brent Hobba 14)

Full Report - http://nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=5452

Topic #12697 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they were charging $20 for tickets to that was well? Not sure.

Reply #147916 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I read that somewhere Isaac... A tidy profit you would think.

Reply #147957 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

-I went to the Cage on Saturday night. The game was a bit scrappy with both teams trying different combinations (Der!)
-Tigers were real strong on the boards and the Dragons big men struggled when trying to match up with the likes of Anstey and Stiff. Hoare and Thomas were very effective for the Tigers with Groves the standout for the Dragons.
-Last year watching Horvath, I kept saying that he was a decent player. After seeing him last night I would have to say, if he is still there at the end of the season, I'd be surprised. Very lazy in D, making silly fouls etc. At the start of the game they were feeding him a bit inside but as the combinations changed so did the offences.
-Holmes has improved under Heals expert guidance. His shooting technique has improved. I only witnessed once last night where he put up a very flat shot, but that was under pressure as the shot clock was winding down.
-Jingles was very effective.
-I didn't think much of Burston but I'll give him a break because he is coming back from injury.
-Shane Heal. When he was on the court he lead well, fed well and shot extremely well. Excellent court vission. I think he put up about 2 bricks and they were rushed shots with about 1.5 secs left on the shot clock.
-Dragons do have a lot of different scoring options Heal/Groves/Jingles and then inside Burston and Horvath. The bench provided good support with Seebohm/Hobba etc.
-On the Tigers side they are a class outfit. D-Mac the 400 year veteran can still match it with some of the younger ones. Corletto had a good game with Anstey, Hoare and Thomas. Westover didn't take the court and didn't think much of Sturt (needs to bulk up a bit).
Yes and I was happy to pay the $20.

Reply #147983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did shannon play? how did he go if he did?

Reply #147995 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Shannon Seebohm did play. He had about 10 minutes each half. He fit in quite well and did everything that was asked of him.

He made Crosswell look stupid a couple of times. I'm liking this young lad more and more.

Reply #147997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754