Bo Hamburger
Years ago

NBL needs more cash: Harmison

Enlightening story about current financial woes of NBL appears here.

Confirms what a lot of people have probably been thinking, but does saying 'we just need more money' really going to endear the NBL to anyone, least of all those people who might be in a position to give said money?

And have I missed something regarding Harmison being named 'General Manager'? Does this actually mean 'Commissioner'?

Topic #12712 | Report this topic

Johno  
Years ago

I have had a looked inside the nbl directory and there is no role in being General Manager. I can see that maybe the role of Commissioner is being re-named general manager. I that that Chuck Harrmison will do a good job being the leagues new boss

Reply #148053 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Rick Burton said that the NBL was financially stable...

dirty liar.

Reply #148069 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

It might well be financially stable but not have enough money to do anything else, ie apparantly no game day programs are being made this year due to lack of money.

Reply #148101 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What happened to that NBL song they had made up that was meant to be played at every game by order of the league?

I hope that cost them nothing...

Reply #148103 | Report this post

No media guide being printed this year either, have been told by the NBL that we have to download it from the net. Will miss those thick little books - They were a perfect medium for toilet reading.

Reply #148105 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

Here is an idea; lets allow a couple of teams to enter the NBL and pay a huge fee to do so. Lets not worry if they have a sound financial position so they can at least see out the 1st 3 seasons they are in the comp, lets just take their money and let them worry about the rest!

Oh sorry.... they already did that with the Slingers.

Reply #148126 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

What were the lyrics to this song, Isaac?

If they're unknown, I'm more than happy to offer my creative services (for free) as a librettist to the NBL.

*pauses to contemplate ridiculous lyrics, not to mention coming up with words that rhyme with 'Goorjan'*

Reply #148157 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Boori'n?

Reply #148165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still have that song, cairns had a link to download it a couple of seasons ago.

Reply #148167 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Scrap the NBL song ... take a page out of the 36ers book and play "Thank God I'm A Country Boy".

It's relevance to basketball is incredible!

Reply #148183 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's relevance to Paul Rees is incredible, I think you mean.

Reply #148186 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bo, it was a bit tragic I thought. From memory, the NBL sent out a CD with various versions of it with a directive that clubs had to play it once per game night.

This page might be discussing it?

It was just made-to-order material - no heart or meaning, no positive association with legendary moments, etc.

Reply #148235 | Report this post

Poor Beaver  
Years ago

Every match should have "Thank god Im a country boy" played in its entirety at least once per game!

Reply #148435 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754