NBL and WNBL Predictions

First coach to tumble Alan Black - why Campers didnt look happy at all at dome -
Sixers to make playoffs versus brisbane - Brisabane full of talent no one anywhere near as deep
Sixers will not lose home game and the group will have no fears on the road - most be going back home every other week anyway - and Lightning undefeated how strong is that line up SA will rule the courts this season
Get on board GREAT TIMES AHEAD - SA will lead the way in the revival of a great product

Topic #12742 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

I can't comment on Alan Black.
But all the rest is right.

Reply #148397 | Report this post

Blue Max  
Years ago

Adelaide = No depth = problems mid season.

Reply #148414 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

the worm has turned, you DO know that Brad Newley ISN'T playing for the Sixers right?

Reply #148416 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Still though, I believe the Sixers can be top 4 this year. All going well with injuries that is.

Reply #148417 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Betting agencies are all saying 7-8th, but unless Redhage or Horvath naturalise ASAP, I think 5-8th is wide open (4th even if Sydney's imports don't fire). And, out of those teams (36ers, Dragons, Wildcats, Breakers), I think Adelaide could have the best team-oriented group with a decent amount of experience.

Reply #148439 | Report this post

Hoops88  
Years ago

NBL Predictions
Top 4 - Tigers, Kings, Bullets, Wildcats
Next 4 - Breakers, Crocs, Dragons, Tiapans
Outside 8 - 36ers, Crocs, Slingers, Hawks, Razorbacks, Blaze

Reply #148456 | Report this post

Hellonearth  
Years ago

Hoops88 says:

NBL Predictions
Top 4 - Tigers, Kings, Bullets, Wildcats
Next 4 - Breakers, Crocs, Dragons, Tiapans
Outside 8 - 36ers, Crocs, Slingers, Hawks, Razorbacks, Blaze.

I would drop the Kings down to the second tier and towards the bottom of the eight. The second half of the season will kill them.
The Razors with Beveridge could do a lot better, although they are rebuilding I wouldn't be surprised to see them squeak into the top eight. There's a lot of quality unknowns in that squad and their conditioning is probably the best in the league right now.
Wooden spooners would have to be the Blaze or Slingers. The Blaze coach, Brendan Joyce, is flawed and didn't do very well with a wealth of talent at Wollongong. His squad this year looks soft.
The Breakers could also slip out of the top eight.
The Tigers will get Brisbane this year and I don't think the Bullets are hungry enough to go back to back.
Across the NBL the quality of players is improving. Losing Brad Newley doesn't hurt that much - he is pretty over rated anyway. He was never a look-in for the NBA.
It's weird though that we have better quality players but crowd numbers are declining.

Reply #148801 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754