TR
Years ago

Huge.... ODEN GONE FOR SEASON

It appears the Oden is gone for the season after having micro fracture surgery last night.....

Smelling like Sam Bowie all over again....

Portland to return to the lottery with a high pick next season.

From the article:

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a micro fracture surgery today," said team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who preformed the surgery. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with micro fracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage. There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from micro fracture surgery."

Oden is expected to be on crutches for up to eight weeks. Recovery time from micro fracture surgery varies from person to person, but generally takes between six and 12 months for full recovery.

Link

Topic #12745 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Thats gotta suck.....

Reply #148418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fear not Blazer fans. Oden will come back like Amare, and the Blazers will end up in the lottery again and will be fantastic next year. Kind of like the Spurs when David Robinson was out for a year, and they got Tim Duncan.

Wishful thinking anyway...

Reply #148423 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Damn, Portland would be kicking themselves for trading Randolph now...

Might have to sign another stiff now....

Reply #148443 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

will they be knocking on Lukes door in Europe now?

Reply #148444 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

True Kent, forgot about that...

Go Luke!!

Reply #148446 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Damn .. just got my Blazer gear out of storage .. haven't had much reason to wear it after Clyde left (other than one or two seasons riding sheeds back) .. DAMN DAMN DAMN !

Reply #148459 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Does this mean that he will be eligable for ROY in 2008-2009?

Reply #148463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #148470 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Anon - i think you might be wrong there... Nick Collison missed his rookie season a few years back and was eligible for the award due to his (technically) second season being the first one on the court... If my mind serves me correctly... Oden is in the same boat...

Reply #148479 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I think it is possible. I've also heard of players regaining rookie status before. It shouldn't be any different for Greg, as long as he doesn't play at all this year.

Reply #148488 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

http://www.nba.com/sonics/news/microfracture.html

Interesting article of players who have had micro surgery.

Reply #148489 | Report this post

This could be a plan. Oden doesn't really have microfracture. Portland suck this year, get another top 3 pick, get another big, Oden comes back, best team in the league for the next 10 years!

Reply #148497 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

doc, interesting cos it's on the sonics site! they must be thankful they got the no 2 pick instead of 1

Reply #148501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant wait to see him on the court with the likes of LaMarcus Aldridge, Darius Miles, Martell Webster, Brandon Roy, Channing Fryre, Travis Outlaw, Jarret Jack, Josh McRoberts, Steve Blake, James Jones, Taureen Green and so on.. Who do u think would be starting when they have their strongest team??

Reply #148512 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

This is awful for the Blazers, they have been trying to get guys that are good on the TV to get away from the JailBlazers tag, which IMO is a reason they took Oden over Durant - Durant is too shy.

The only thing that the Blazers can take out of the surgery is that young guys generally come back at 100%. Just got to hope that the ball rolls the right way for the Blazers come draft night, someone say OJ Mayo or Michael Beasley?

Reply #148521 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

100% and micro fracture are not in the same sentence Bizzy .

Reply #148524 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

well they are now ! thought i would get in first before someone else goosed me . hhmmm .

Reply #148525 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Rotate - did someone say Amare Stoudamire? He not at 100%?

Reply #148530 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Not in Game 5 of the Semi-Finals, he wasn't.

Reply #148628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754