VC fan
Years ago

NH: Summer Heights High - Get On It!!

On ABC 9:30 Wednesday after chasers, this show is so damn funny, especially Jonah. Done by Chris Lilley the same guy that did 'We can be heroes'.

One of the characters he does, Jonah Takalua, an Islander year 8, likes to drop the F bomb alot.
Some favourite quotes so far:
'The teachers at this school are so racist, whenever some shit happens they're like...Jonah must of done some f*cking shit'

'F*ck you sir!'
-'what was that Jonah?'
'I said puck you sir, with a P'

'I think i'm alergic to some shit up here miss'

Funniest show on TV.

Topic #12758 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Reminds me - anyone else caught Peep Show on ABC2? British comedy about two dorky housemates. Happened across it the other night and thought it was pretty funny. Have found a couple of full episodes on YouTube too, so search there if you want to see if it's your style.

Reply #148612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh .. great show, i loved we can be heroes .. but i reckon this is even better. Amazing wednesdays on ABC, 8:30 - spicks and specs, 9:00 chasers and 9:30 summer heights ... great work ABC.

Reply #148613 | Report this post

Ive been watching chris lilley since Big bite. Funny guy. Mr G is the best character

Never liked peep show, its different though.

but the best ABC show ever, was of course, the Micallef Program

Reply #148617 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Yea wednesday easily the best night for tv, thank go youre here, then switch to ABC. If you havent seen it, vids are up on youtube, in particular the montages of Jonah, showing just the sections he features in from each episode.

Reply #148618 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

the micallef program did rock and to a certain extent his show on 9. Especially his high horse section. Summer Heights is great too.

Reply #148619 | Report this post

BFresh  
Years ago

"Lets continue our game of virtual hide and seek with chess champion Kasparov"

Micallef: ummmm, are you behind the tree?

- Kasparov jumps out from behind a bin

Kasparov: haha, I win again you f*ck!

Micallef looks down the barrel of the camera:
'CURSE YOU KASPAROV!!!!!'

still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Reply #148621 | Report this post

If Tony martin doesn't get paired with ed next time on TGYH i'm boycotting. the shows already made stale by Tom Gliesner (is there an actual need for a winner? or his stupid dad jokes?)

Plus i cant watch it anyway lately, samurai jack 8pm Boomerang.

Reply #148624 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

ABC is on to a good thing on Wed nights. Last wednesday night was its best rating night ever. Who needs commercial TV when Aunty's cranking out gold like it has been.

I just want to hear Ed break out the Venga Bus song mid sketch.

Reply #148633 | Report this post

trewth  
Years ago

Micallef and his high horse - brilliant

Reply #148637 | Report this post

trewth  
Years ago

into the bin!

Reply #148638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great interactive website too... http://www.abc.net.au/tv/summerheightshigh/#home

Reply #148654 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Peep show is gold, stumbled across it one night on the tele then went right out and bought the first 3 series on DVD, hilarious, the second episode of series 1 is comedy perfection.

Reply #148685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754