Crazy24
Years ago

Where's willie?

Whats happened to willie? does anyone know? would have been nice to see willie turn into a mark davis type player for the sixers! is he still player elewhere?

Topic #12790 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

He is definately elsewhere, but no chance of a Mark Davis type player, Willie is too short....

Reply #149065 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

and no where near good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pud .. in about 3 years we'll be saying Willie who?!

Reply #149074 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

I was already thinking Willie who? I thought someone might have been searching for "Big Willie" Simmons, go the hook shot.

Reply #149075 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Respect people, he may have declined in the last couple of seasons but if it wasn't for Willie we wouldn't have won a cracker in '02.

Reply #149084 | Report this post

Iva Bigass  
Years ago

ohhh Bulldog, u got in before me! and yes, go the sky hook. and the goggles.

Reply #149094 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sultan of swat

Reply #149097 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Unfortunately for Willie, being remembered in a poor light is his own fault. It is not that his skills, speed or athletacism decreased THAT much in the last few seasons - it was that he stopped caring ... or so it seemed when you watched him play. True, he delivered a title - so did KB and Darnell, and THEY will always be remembered in a good light, as they played every game with heart and desire. The same can NOT be said for Willie.

Reply #149102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is playing in Korea just google him

Reply #149111 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

AHHH Good old Willie Simmons, I got to enjoy playing with the goggled wonder when I started my ABA carrer back in 1998 was some of the funniest years of basketball. Massive Dunks and Massive Hook Shots and of course the Goggles to with it

Reply #149163 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Big Willie is over in Melbourne. I ran into him at the Tigers v Dragons clash. He was still playing a couple of years ago for one of the Melbourne sides. I don't know if he is currently playing though.

Reply #149184 | Report this post

ostrich52  
Years ago

If Willie is in Korea then he is earning 25,000 USD per month. I would say that he had probably at least doubled his 6ers salary.

Reply #149259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I googled willie and got nothing about where he's playing now.

Reply #149661 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754