K
Years ago

ABL on Channel 31

Seeing as our old thread has disappeared off the bottom of the page, I thought I'd start a new one to make things easier.

We have news!!!

I got a call this afternoon from Josie at Channel 31, saying that she had received our proposal form and that she likes the idea of an ABL show. The next step in the process is to have a meeting with her to discuss our ideas in more detail. She will also give us more information about how to actually run the show and things like sponsorship etc.

She suggested this Monday, the 12th of July at 12 noon. I am able to make that time, and anyone who wants to join me is most welcome to.

Also, we need to work out for sure what it is that we want to do. Our current proposal is for a 30 min "Footy Show" type talk show, but I assume we are able to change this if we want to.

Any other ideas, suggestions etc before the meeting would be useful.

My email is [email protected]

Topic #128 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm going to try and make it.

Reply #993 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

If I'm welcome!

Reply #1026 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

You're welcome, Libertine.

Their office is in the Q Building of the Uni SA Underdale Campus, Holbrooks Rd., Underdale.

If anyone else will be there, let me know.

Reply #1056 | Report this post

Just keeping up with this proposal, are they going to show actual games on the channel 31 plus the "Footy Show" idea.

Otherwise I would suggest that the show will not take on like you want it to. Not all people go to games. Would it be possible to see your proposal.

Reply #1070 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Our proposal is limited by what volunteers can film, edit and arrange. Right now there are potentially 1-3 people likely to show at the meeting.

If people want this to happen, we need more interest.

Also, are games delayed by a week of interest to people?

Reply #1074 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also, the more time to broadcast, the higher the costs. There's no guarantee of sponsorship or support from BASA I guess, so that makes it a bit difficult.

Reply #1075 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

My advice is you need 3 people to take the lead. Too many people involved too early leads to problems. I would offer to be involved but in reality the only thing I could offer would be assistance with an online presence but it seems you have that covered.

The old Channel 9 have their own production studios and are now locally owned. Perhaps you should also take your idea to them, they may even be able to offer some more support to your idea....

I am confident there would be enough people supporting the concept. I would also think the clubs could be interested in making a small contribution each if they were allowed to use the show to advertise their sponsors.

Reply #1076 | Report this post

Jane  
Years ago

Hi all,

I am currently on a show on C31 and was talking to the producer of the show. They would be more than happy to talk to you about your production and they are much cheaper than Ch 9, 7, 10 or 2 studios. This show also by the way has the highest following on C31 and according to C31 is of the highest production standard. So if you want to talk to these guys, send me an email or call me on 0418 807 487

Cheers
Jane

Reply #1121 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I am interested, but I am currently working on a major contract, and Mondays are my flat out days, so I cant get any time off.

But, you can count on my support for the project.

Reply #1134 | Report this post

Da Houndawg #55  
Years ago

I've only just found this now?!?!?

Damn.

May have been good before July.

Reply #8459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754