Kriss
Years ago

Last Shot Of the Game

6 Seconds To set up a play or score the winning basket. Which all time sixer would you like to take the shot for the win?

BIG MEAN AL GREEN for me

Topic #1281 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Who'd be the contenders? Maher for sure. Smyth?

What about Kevin Brooks? I think he was a high percentage shot from outside and would have the height to get it off over tall defenders. Robert Rose (not recently!). John Rillie?

Maher would be my pick. He goes uncriticised for a reason -- he's just an outstandingly reliable contributor. I think his percentages would be the same regardless of the pressure level.

Reply #14638 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Brett Maher for a pull up at the elbow of a Reesy screen every time!

Reply #14640 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Yeah Maher, then Rose or KB

Reply #14646 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Rupert Sapwell - he has done it before he would do it again.

Reply #14648 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

And to add to Rupert Sapwell he would probably bank it in :)

Reply #14649 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Jason williams is the only choice, High percentage it would be an airball. Ugliest shot in the nbl. No backspin on the ball, weird elbow movement, more a push than a shot.
Id go brett maher firstly, darryl pearce or darnell mee.

Reply #14668 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Mike McKay??

Reply #14669 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

??? - excuse me, I'll think you'll find it's Swish Mike McKay. In saying that, I'd go with Maher on the pull up or three, and Darnell breakin it down off the dribble

Reply #14689 | Report this post

biasbinding  
Years ago

Darryl 'Iceman' Pearce

Reply #14690 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

The Doctor,

Sorry for that. I thought it was a bit common of me to refer to the great man in such an informal way!

Reply #14691 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Apology accepted on behalf of Swish. And if I ever hear you refer to Andrew Svaldenis as anything but the Terminator, your days will be numbered.

Reply #14709 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Willie. Because I love him.

Reply #14749 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

thedocter, I'm afraid I now have the unenviable obligation of correcting you, it's actually Mike Swish McKay and not Swish Mike McKay. My apologies for this public humiliation.

Reply #14761 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

nah, is SWISH! ... Miiiike McKay

Reply #14831 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

gun dad

Reply #14832 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Thanks Wak. I know where to put the Swish. Billo must be thinking of Darryl 'The Iceman' Pearce. Its a trap for young players.

Reply #14863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say Maher or Holmes anyone agree?

Reply #15016 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

No way Holmes with the way he is shooting at the moment.

Reply #15019 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Yep Doc, know you know where to put the 'swish', my caps being emphasis on how the announcer called it.
Just how the emphasis on your name would be to say all in one word eg in syllables ... thed-oc-ter

Reply #15024 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Brett Maher, hands down. I think he actually shoots better with a hand in his face.

Hate to say it, but Shane Heal can hit some massive shots, and of couse Gaze. Still one of the best shooters ive ever seen, anywhere. He is all-time leader in three point field goals made in the Olympics, second all time in scoring behind Oscar Schmidt (Brazil)

Robert Rose in his day was awesome with the game on the line, and so was D-Mac.

Reply #15046 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Agree with hand in face of Maher, and the fadeaway or off balance.

Gaze, in his day, would be the man.

Today, maybe Rillie.

Reply #15119 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Yep. Forgot about Rillie. Good call.

Reply #15132 | Report this post

Crocdile Rock  
Years ago

Rose all the way, remeber the game in 94 when he floated through the key to tie the game against Canberra, first game English played for 36ers, it was a great game, i wish i had it on tape. Rose got 44 that night and Adelaide won 129-114.

Or something like that!

Reply #15158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754