thedoctor
Years ago

AK-47 Seeks Trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3027689

Kirilenko has apparently voiced his concerns about playing for Sloan. There have been whispers of a Kirilenko - Marion trade for a while.

Kirilenko does not suit Sloan's known restricted offence and would, in theory, thrive in Phoenix. I've read that the financials of the trade work well.

Would make Phoenix pretty awesome, as Kirilenko offers as much as Marion offensively (finishing the break), but is a better defender, shot-blocker and passer.

Topic #12811 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kirilenko no where near the player marion is ... and i'm pretty sure marion fits with the suns very nice ... athletic 3/4 man who can run the floor, play up-temp ball ... don't know how kirilenko would cope

Reply #149268 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

pointless trade.there the same player.

Reply #149269 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Cheeze - I would say kirilenko is a better defender. might add some defence to Phoenix who will never win a title on offence alone. Spurs have shown defence always beats offence at playoff time.

even if the trade tips the scale even a lttle bit - isn't is worthwhile for Phoenix?

Reply #149273 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Sorry, but I agree with thedoc AK is a much better all round player than Marion.

Reply #149275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u guys are kidding right .. AK over marion .....

CAREER STATS:
Kirlenko
Career 13pts, 6brds, 2.5ast, 1.5stl, 2.5blk

Marion
Career 18.6pts, 10brds, 2ast, 1.9stl, 1.3blk

I know stats aren't everything ... but in my eyes marion is the far better player

Reply #149277 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

But you're basing your assessment on stats, and like you said stats aren't everything.

Being a good player defensive or offensive isn't just about stats, defense could simply be shutting your man down, and Marion doesn't do that.

Reply #149280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being voted the 4th best defender in the NBA behind the likes of camby and duncan ... is that just judged on stats ... no ... that is people in the know ranking the best defenders .. and yes i admit AK had a off season and wasn't/isn't playing in the right environment for his game, but giving up marion for him .. i'm still not convinved

Reply #149283 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Id go kirilenko over marion any day. AK-47 brings more to the table than marion does.

Reply #149293 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

That last comment wasnt biased or nething! haha

Reply #149308 | Report this post

doosh  
Years ago

AK47 would fit perfectly in the Sun's system. He is able to play in a half court game system that the Spurs apply, and IMO with him the Suns will win more games against the Spurs. But with Shawn Marion if u take away the transition game, he basically becomes stationary and goes from All-Star to Ruben Patterson.

Anyways Shawn Marion would be horrific in the Jazz's system, thus that's why the Jazz won't do that trade unless they offer a package.

Reply #149322 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Has everyone forgot about AK47's meltdown last season? I mean he played some good games in the Conf. Semi-Finals, but was nothing more than a role player in other games. It is a big assumption that his productivity will magically pick back up in the Suns system...

I mean, it could work, he would add some tough D the Suns need. But Marion is also a crowd favourite, if you trade him then AK sucks, the fans will revolt.

Reply #149325 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

They're very similar players.. both get defensive stats but cant play lockdown d, both can hit the occasional j and finish well. Marions a slightly better rebounder and less injury prone, but AK has a bit more of a 1 on 1 game. Not much point unless they want some fresh faces.

Reply #149327 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Phoenix needs Shane Battier

Reply #149328 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Andrei is a very emotional player who lost his way last year through frustration , high maintenance , definitely , wife is not apparently , very generous at least once a year .
Point is , if someone can nab him in a trade and make him feel wanted he will be back to the AK-47 of old .
Marion is a better player but Kirilenko could add the x factor to phoenix that may push them over the edge .
NASH , BELL , BARBOSA , HILL , DIAW , KIRILENKO , STOUDEMIRE is an excellent 7 . A PJ BROWN would help the locker room and i think this team would challenge SAS .

Reply #149342 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Marion is a better 3pt shooter and rebounder than AK.

AK is a better defender and shot blocker than Marion.

Marion is a better fit for both the Suns and the Jazz

Reply #149366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix wont trade for Ak47 as they are seeking payroll relief and this would not give it to them. He earns a little bit less atm but has a contract 2 years longer than Marion. If they are essentially the same player why would they want to be on the hook for more money?

Reply #149388 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

To try to add defence and win a championship before Nash's back completely seizes up.

Phoenix are really no better than last year, and won't win the whole thing until they add defence.

Reply #149395 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3029816

kirilenko says he will quit the NBA and forego $64M - yeah, right.

I'd say he's pulling a Charlie Bell - say your heart's not in it and see if your team will let you go.

Reply #149470 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

See what happened to Charlie Bell though doc, the Bucks matched the Heats offer. IMO they will match it and then trade him somewhere so they don't lose him for nothing.

Reply #149480 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Pretty much what I thought Bizzy, but his agent Barlstein is pretty happy the Bucks matched.

It's a pretty strange contract, $18 mill over 5, but it's cheap for what he brings to the table. It's the type of contract that could be used as a decent filler for something bigger..

CV and Bell for ????

Reply #149488 | Report this post

Marios a better defender than kirilenko. Its not Marions fault amare cant show over picks (v parker). Kirilenko can get blocks and steals, looks good on the sheet, but marion can lock down.

And better passer? Where did you get that from? The between the legs pass he did the carlos boozer? He wouldnt get to show his supreme passing skills at phoenix anyway, because Nash always has it.

Reply #149631 | Report this post

phoenix wont win this year anyway.

and they already challenge SAS. Only team not to be demolished by them last year!

Phoenix need chris anderson if they want to win

Reply #149633 | Report this post

I wonder though, if phoenix trade Diaw + trade exemption will utah go for that. AKs stocks are low at the moment, its about time this stupid club (phx) made a big move (no that doesn't include Grant im number 33 cos thats how many games a season i play Hill)

Ok enough posting for me!

Reply #149636 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754