Anonymous
Years ago

Breakers Crowds

What are NZ Breakers crowds like?

Topic #12815 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

About 2,000 tonight?

Blaze had just under 4,000 last night. Slingers apparently 3,000 or so. Pigs had around 800, I think.

Reply #149335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

800? Are you serious!? Razorbacks are in some trouble. Breakers crowd was pretty bloody average too! Are the NZ crowd normally that bad, Isaac?

Reply #149339 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think that is OK for a Breakers crowd though they can get up to 3,000ish?

800 isn't great though - Pigs' pricing could be a bit wayward. I think they will be a likeable team - young, hard-working, etc. Hopefully they can hold onto key players and build for the future.

Reply #149340 | Report this post

Dog 50  
Years ago

800.... last time a team have crowd number like that they folded (Victoria Giants). Seriously is a teams can't at least average 3000 (and that is a pretty pathetic number to average) they should be kicked out of the league.

Reply #149345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers had 2000 there last night.
250 were corporates and 350 season tickect holders.
Most they have ever had in both areas, according to media over there...

Reply #149350 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

how many clubs would average crowds of 3000+? i'm thinking adelaide,townsville,perth?,cairns?. i would imagine it would be a pretty small league if that rule was introduced.

Reply #149359 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

They talk funny.

Reply #149360 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Add Brisbane, South and Wollongong to that list, dry back.

Reply #149361 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure Wollongong will keep getting 3,000+? Kings might this season if their projections are right. Will believe it when I see it, but someone said they're on track for 5,000 for opening night?

Reply #149364 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

nice Nutwork, choice bro infact

Reply #149370 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I hope your right about Sydney, Isaac . I don't really like the Kings but I really want them to get back on track as far as bums-on-seats goes.

Reply #149374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many would melbourne get on average? you would think they would get alot seeing as the are the self proclaimed city of basketball in australia

Reply #149383 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the Tigers get 2,700-3,500. Capacity is only about 3,500?

Reply #149389 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think at the last Tigers/Dragons derby they were up around the 9000 mark.

With such small average crowd numbers should teams look at playing in smaller venues?

Reply #149393 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

The Tigers are way ahead of ya Bizzy, they've already moved into a 3000 seat shed. I'm so happy to be an Adelaide fan, our crowds shit all over the rest of the league.

Reply #149467 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754