SuperBad
Years ago

Has Maher ever dunked in a game?

For a guy who has a sensational pull up jump shot that is almost impossible to block, I've never seen him dunk in a game. Has anyone & can they post it??

Topic #12939 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Not in a game, but have seen him throw down some pretty nice ones in warm ups..

Reply #150563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher, as a 19 yr old, had some of the best hops I have ever seen for white guy (better than Grant Yates even IMO). I saw him dunk in warmups of a U20s tournament but have to admin never saw him do it in a game.

Reply #150565 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

I remember seeing him miss a dunk in a game. Fast break at the eastern end of the Dome. Since then I haven't seen him try!

Reply #150566 | Report this post

Orange Squeezer  
Years ago

Reeckon I saw him at the old Apollo days, when playing for Sturt!!

Reply #150569 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

I saw him choke two games that i was at, but never seen him try since then, but man oh man! could he throw it down in warmups, his 360 used to be his specialty, i loved it!!!

Reply #150572 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I took a mate for his first Sixers experience. Told him to keep an eye on Maher, might see a nice dunk or 2. The people in front looked at me as if I was crazy, and my mate was a bit skeptical as well.

After a layup or 2, Maher gets the ball and goes up and throws it down...

People in front turned around and just said they had never seen nor heard that Brett could dunk till then.
I don't think they believed it after that either..

Reply #150574 | Report this post

moose  
Years ago

I seem to remember that just prior to playing for the Sixers that he had ankle surgery. That may have taken the edge off really throwing it down.

Reply #150578 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

knee recon. while at the AIS.

Reply #150581 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Maher in warm ups
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

photo credit Yvonne Milbank,adelaide 36ers.com

Reply #150591 | Report this post

Its pretty pathetic that Maher is so respected when Gower's dunk stats almost triple his.

Reply #150592 | Report this post

Rasheed36  
Years ago

Seen him dunk a couple of times when he played for the Bald Eagle Bombers vs Lunch Cutters at a St. Clair Xmas canival. The game was in the bag so both teams finished it off with one of those throw the ball off the back board drills. Brett ended it with a nice dunk.

Reply #150705 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754