me
Years ago

Tonight's game, What sort of crowd and entertainme

I couldn't get there, just wondering approx how many rocked up and how was the pregame and HT entertainment?

Topic #12946 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Probably about 4000, but with 2 minutes to go it was down to about 3000

HT Entertainment was ok, some gymnasts doing stuff with rings.

3/4T Entertainment was US style cheer leaders - that missed half their lifts - poor effort on their behalf I thought - but I guess it was similar to the effort of the 36ers too

Reply #150692 | Report this post

shauno  
Years ago

the wheels were gimmicks too. pretty bad on the whole. 6ers dancers were alright though, candy man routine was good.

Reply #150697 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Spirals were OK (interesting at least), young girl with the ribbon did a good job, but the three quarter time crew looked very nervous and made a fair few mistakes.

Reply #150720 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

4,000? I'm not sure but both games the places looked about 3/4 full, especially this week and doesnt the dome hold 8,000? not saying there would have been six thousand but looked like 5 strong this week? Anyone got exact figues? Isaac didnt you get those kind of stats last season?

Reply #150796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4400 is the official figure

No way the place was 3/4 full not sure how you would have thought that.

Also I doubt the Dome holds 8,000 either, probably closer to 7,500 when set up for basketball.

Reply #150798 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

"Purpose-built for basketball and especially for the 36ers, the Distinctive Homes Dome holds up to around 7,800 fans in courtside boxes, standard seating and elevated corporate suites."

Source: 36ers Web Site

Reply #150799 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I thought the entertainment was pretty good. I'm quite impressed with it so far this year. I took a girl to the game that doesn't really have much interest in bball so for her the best thing of the night was the gymnasts with rings (Can't really blame her after the performance of the home team). So it is good to see they cater for all varieties. Keep up the good work with the entertainment I say!

Reply #150822 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:11 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754