123abc
Years ago

GF: Geelong V Port

With the Grand Final on today, who do you think will win and who will be the normsmith medalist?

I'm tipping Geelong by 9 and Gary Ablett

What a game it should be.

Topic #12949 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Port by 10 and Chad Cornes..

Reply #150713 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

Peter burgoyne

Reply #150715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port by 5
Norm Smith: Danyle Pearce

Reply #150721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CARNNNNNNN GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LID IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

Reply #150722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port playing the way Phil Smyth coaches.

:9

Reply #150723 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

well phil did seek out coaching advice from choco this year

Reply #150725 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

The cup will more than likley be in Victoria this year...

Aslong as it isn't a Melbourne club ;)

Reply #150726 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

...Then it's all good

Reply #150727 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

your post made no sense the cup will be in vic as long as its not a melb club hate to tell you geelong is in vic

Reply #150730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yer he means not in the actual city of melbourne, well i think he means that

Reply #150731 | Report this post

me 3  
Years ago

Who cares it wont be a port player

Reply #150732 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

137-35

Geelong up by 102 points.

ROFLMAO.

Reply #150733 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Thomo, what i said did actually make sense.

Aslong as a Melbourne football doesn't win, i'm fine with the cup going to Victoria. Every team is from the city of Melbourne except for Geelong.

Bit tired from last night are you?

Reply #150734 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Stay away from Port Adelaide tonight - I hear the police riot squad are getting ready to deploy to the area

They mightn't have choked but but Geelong strangulated them

Choco might want to use his tie to hang himself at the end of the game this year

LOL

Looking forward to Monday to knock the cocky Port fans at working down a peg or two

Did I say LOL?

Reply #150735 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

119 Point loss or there abouts. BIGGEST.EVER.LOSS

Reply #150738 | Report this post

me 3  
Years ago

LOOSERS

Reply #150739 | Report this post

me 3  
Years ago

CROWS NEVER DID THIS

Reply #150740 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

A team that didn't even make the finals last year makes it to the grand finals so that is a great effort. No team was going to beat Geelong in the finals this year. Margin is pretty irrelevant, obviously the port players would feel pretty disgusted with their efforts today to lose by that much and show no heart is a very poor effort. However, to pay them out about the score isn't really classy since they pretty much had no chance against an awesome team like that. Sounds like bitter crows fans to me :)

Reply #150743 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I also heard at the start of the game some guy bet $330,000 for Geelong to win by 40+. That guy would be a very happy man tonight!!! Odds would have been like x $4-$5 id say

Reply #150744 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

its history hear in the making

Reply #150745 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Port will be better next year, especially when their youngsters are a year older and muture.

Geelong definately deserved the win.

Reply #150747 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Gellong flogged Port with their own handbags!

Reply #150752 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

"Margin is pretty irrelevant" ?! what the hell ?! the margin is EXTREMELY relevant, no matter how good a side is, to go down by over 100 in a GF is a disgrace. I friggen luved it !! Already have Port fans saying "well, at least we made the grand final" ... well, no point in making it to the GF if you dont turn up to play !!

Reply #150754 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I think it would be better not to make the grandfinal then the be flogged by 119 points

Reply #150755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port was lucky in the normal season. When it counts they could not perform. At least the CROWS have never lost a Grand Final. Let alone set a record for the biggest losing margin in a final. I guess we will never stop till were the top means they wanted to be top of the biggest Grand Final losers list is what they played for.

Reply #150757 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Sometimes there is a god!Port deserve to get smacked by that much. Bloody prancing around all week like they "been there won that" attitude and it come back to haunt them. RAOTGLMAO

Reply #150762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geelong by far the better team on the day and throughout the season. It was a well overdue premiership.

I hope the Kangaroos fans enjoyed the game and the fact that Power who were total smart arses last week against them got beaten by the greatest winning margin in a Grand Final EVER!! Bigger than the margin Geelong beat Roos by and bigger than the margin Power beat Roos by in the earlier round. Didnt see the cats disrespect the power players. Choco took shots at the Cats all week, once again Cats did not get caught up in that shit.

I now understand why Crows fans hate Port so much.

Hate smart arses like Power players, got what the had coming!!!!

GO CATS!!

Reply #150767 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Now thats how you play Victorian style football.

Reply #150772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Swan's would of beaten Geelong today.

Reply #150775 | Report this post

So jimmy bartel is worth, exactly, 120 points to geelong. what a superstar. what an all star. what a maestro

Reply #150780 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Actually I'd feel worse losing a final by 1 point then 119 points. Also good to see all you people showing your class, obviously most of you are just envious at how good Port went this season compared with last year. Also it's a much better effort then the crows who in the past 3 seasons have lost in the preliminary finals both times and then get kicked out in the first round this year.... Yes great effort Crows, please Crows fans keep bagging the power :)

Reply #150783 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

and guys atleast we made it! Crows fans r so pathetic..

Reply #150786 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

and KingJames ur legend sumed it up.. and to the remark it would be better to not make it bull! it does have a positive to it.. proves ur second in the afl even if ur miles bhind and dont forget we still received a medallion for second.. feel for wakelin and wilson tho..

Reply #150787 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

King James, who made it twice and won twice?

Not to bag Port, but, it would be better not making the grandfinal then to be beaten by over a hundred points as Stephen Quartermain so rightly said.

Port where cocky and especially Mark Williams tried to play mind games including the saying that Stephen King is "Old School".

Geelong has been the best side all year and deserved the win. It would have been nice for a more interesting, closer game.

Maybe next year for Port?

Reply #150788 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

great game from little matty stokes picked in the last few in the draft and comes from woody west torrens, looked like he did a knee and came back on,

and yes it was a sad way for wakelin to go out a true gentlemen in the game, deserved better

Reply #150793 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

hey kingjames,what drugs are you on!!!! margin irrelevant,you got pasted big time and im sure all the players would love to have on their resumes biggest loss in GF history,hell you werent even competitive,yes you didnt make the finals but the side that kicked your sorry arses today didnt either. choco was lucky to have all those experienced premiership players he raved on about plus all the other dribble he spoke cos if he didnt it might have been 200pts.maybe next time they could bring in a mercy rule like in baseball.....and b4 you say it,im not a crows supporter....CARN THE CATS

Reply #150794 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Congratulations Port Power - today you supplied me with the most entertaining day of my footy viewing life !

Reply #150797 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

power 4 flag 08

Reply #150800 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Can't wait to see the "Choco for Baghdad" signs again this year.

Reply #150809 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Why do you people keep saying that Port made the GF? The real GF was played between Geelong and Collingwood. One of the best GF's ever, only 5 points in it at the death. Not 119.

Reply #150825 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Speed ....was either that or the week before between West Coast & the Pies

The GF winner was always going to come out of one of those 3......West Coast, Collingwood or Geelong

Choco is a fool....maybe next season he should learn to keep his mouth shut

Same goes for Primus

Reply #150828 | Report this post

JockeyClub  
Years ago

The display put on by Geelong was just awesome. I don't think any team would have got close to them. In the end, Port were the 2nd best team and deserved to get there - they just got hammered by a team playing a fantastic brand of football.

While Choco's comments look ridiculous in hindsight and exposes him to labelled a total wanker , I think he was only doing what he could to find some psychological cracks in Geelong's armour.

Go Cats .

Reply #150861 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Speed44, the real grand final could also have been a couple of weeks back when Port beat Geelong in a siren beating goal. What's come out of this game is not the fact that Port were way out of their league making the grand final but total confusion as to why either team allowed the game to pan out that way. It just did not make sense. What is it about Geelong that they managed to play the absolute perfect game this time? What is it about Port that they failed to show any fighting spirit to combat Geelong? Did not make sense. Port did not prove to be such a bad team until the grand final. Why throw it all away in the ultimate game?

Reply #150869 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

123abc, I'm not fan of the Power but the whole "Crows made it twice and won it twice" is a stupid comment. That was 10 years ago, the Crows have done nothing since. Imagine if the Crows, two years removed from their 1998 Premiership, had made it to the GF but lost. I'm sure you would have been happier with that than the black hole of nothingness that has come out of the Crows in the decade since their first premiership. This is something the Power can build on while the Crows foundation isn't looking as strong.

Just remember, it's been 10 years. 10.

Reply #150905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am surprised the cow fans watched the gf, i thought they would have dusted off their premiership video tape from 1998 or 1997, stuck it in the VCR and wondered "if only we could be there again, sniff sniff" whilst watching a game from the last century!!

Reply #150918 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Had a couple of dollars on Stevie Johnson and he didnt let me down at 17 to 1 - Beers on me woooot

Reply #150934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #150937 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

we got whipped...but...dont try and argue it folks..it was the grand final, the other games dont count.

if you werent there...you couldnt win it...port may have been thumped...but we were closer to winning it..than 14 other teams were.

port are a very young side..who will learn from this, watch out in 2008.

congrats to the cats :(

Reply #150938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suppose I will have to admit it, you're right "the other games don't count". I guess this means you had a crap season as you lost all your games.

Reply #150940 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Reply #150994 | Report this post

Dear Port,

Please show up.

Love the footy public.

Reply #151001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how all the Port people are saying "At least we made the GF" etc. when they usually trot out the "Port Adelaide exists to win premierships" and "2nd place isn't good enough at Port".

Which is it?

Reply #151002 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Dirty Day, Port, 9 years, 1 Grandfinal win.
When Adelaide was 9 years in, we had 2 grandfinal wins. Who's to say that Port won't win anything in the next ten years?

Ps. Crows won in 1997 AND 1998, if my maths is correct, that isn't 10 years.

Crows finishing first and second in the previous two seasons isn't bad at all. How many teams haven't won a premiership for over ten years?

In the last 9 years, 11 teams haven't won a single Premiership.

Reply #151016 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

:(

Channel 10 would like to apologise for the programming error on Saturday.
The TV guide said AFL Grand Final but unfortunately they screened Australia's Biggest Losers by mistake.
Once again Channel 10 apologises for the inconvenience

Reply #151183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754