shawn
Years ago

Singapore V Townsville

anybody know final score

Topic #12983 | Report this topic

Years ago

Slingers 101 vs. Crocodiles 86

Grizzard played a monster game with 32 points i think. With Good Defence, Rebounding and shooting coming in handy in the 3rd and 4th quarters, especially Grizzard, Shane McDonald, John Fitzgerald, Ben Knight and Blajov Janev played well in these quarters.
The young guns ran out Townsville after being at a deficit of around 20.
Everybody who played for the Slingers contributed in their own way.
This would be a confidence building win for the Slingers.

Reply #151081 | Report this post

Slingers win 101 to 86 after in the first period being down by more than 20 points.

Good game by Grizzard 32 , Knight 20 , Janov 17 and strong defence by Fitzgerald on JR from late in first quarter had big impact.

Shaun McDonald just gets better and better.

Cameron finally getting into the game with some success and Wong making a magic 2 points at the right time. Helms fouled out early in 4 qtr - maybe with 10 points and was replaced by Fitzy who played very solid defence. Knight the kind of leader everyone would like to have on their team once again.

Good play from Pepper and there seemed at least early on in the game like there were lot of 3 pointers from the smaller crocks . Anthony Stewart was far from previous form . Too slow.

Reply #151082 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Put a late little bet on the Slingers for this one. No luck on the match total going over 197.5 though!

Townsville didn't look great before the season. Without Ellis and on the road, I think they would lose to every team in the league.

Reply #151083 | Report this post

The main difference between Blaze and Crocks matches against the Slingers seemed to be J Harveys early shooting success last week plus the fact that Grizzard decided to come and play tonight.

Tonight JR also had some early shooting success playing against Grizzard but once Fitzy was brought into the game JR's influence dropped significantly.

Neither Blaze nor the Crocks ( without Ellis ) seemed to have imports which contribute greatly.

Pepper is much better than the big men in the Blaze team. Melmeth was a big disappointment to see again.

The Crocks seemed be better ball carriers, faster and a more coordinated team than the Blaze who seemed be a strange mix of individuals without a common focus .

Ok the Blaze beat the Slingers but then Grizzard did not turn up to play that evening .

Reply #151085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I checked the box score just before it ended and both teams were shooting at 33%. UGLY.

Reply #151092 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

That'd be right. I get rid of Gizzard from my dream team and immediatly after he puts up 32 points!

Reply #151126 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I bet on the same thing Issac. I thought if the Slingers are going to get a win at home it will be against the Crocs without Ellis.

What are your thoughts on tonights Dragons vs Wildcats game? The odds are in favour of the Dragons but Perth are a very solid team so they do have a very good chance to beat the Dragons.

Reply #151133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754