curious
Years ago

Div to Div?

Being at the games this morning at the Cage (southern Tigers) a parent noticed that a perticular under 10 team had a under 12 player slip on the guernsey of a under10 player who had broken his arm so as unable to play. Is there a ruling as to if this is allowed as I thought players weren't allowed to drop down to play for another team only go up! Can someone set me straight on this please and is this going on throughout the other divisions I wonder.

Topic #1299 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Speak to your coaching director or club regarding this issue.

Reply #14792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The summer bye law for under 10's for this season only, allows 1st year under 12 players to play in u10 until the end of this summer season.
However basa does allow players to play in different div and age groups all the time but the club must ask for permission before the event not after.Permission is usually given only to avoid a forfeit and possibly for hot weather policy if there are no subs.
The opposition team probably should make inquiries to see if the bylaw of asking for permission was followed and if not then they will be awarded the win if they lossed

Reply #14794 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

Thank you very much for that, if anybody has anymore imput please let me know THANKS

Reply #14796 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

To me it looks like a % boost seing that they are 4th on the ladder, I'd do somthing about it if it was my team.

Reply #14803 | Report this post

all for one  
Years ago

the replies are spot on - i did not know colin Thompson posted !

however check - as things can get very dodgy at times with juniors - not always at club level - but at parent level.

we had parents fudge the child's age - so they were dominating the competition - oblivious to the club!@#@#$%!!!

Reply #14818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was the team u r talking about an under 10's team from the tigers?? or another team?

Reply #14828 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

The team is not a Tigers team but a Mavericks who dropped a plyer from 12's to 10's.

Reply #14839 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754