DB5
Years ago

Harvey Player of the week - Round 2

James Harvey picks up the first award for the Blaze after being named Player of the week for round 2.

Harvey averaged 25.5 points and 3.5 boards but shot 64 % from the field and 69% from the perimeter.

11 of 16 3's over 2 games is pretty sweet shooting.

Personally I thought Loughton should have got it, but good choice still.

More

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=72312

Topic #13001 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Loved Boti's 'Round the NBL' article which referred to this as follows:

"Gameboy found the pot of gold averaging 25.5 points at 64.5 per cent and 3.5 rebounds as the Blaze split two games, smoking Singapore but making a hash of Cairns."

'Pot', 'smoking', 'hash'. Classic.

Reply #151244 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

If only Perth didn't lose to West Sydney you might just give it to him ;-)

They rave on about Harvey's 64.5% (64.2857....% When did we start giving 0.5% to FG?) from the field and 69% (68.75%) from the perimiter. Loughton 71% (71.428....%) from the field and 100% from the perimiter!

Is it going to be a case of whoever plays the most decent games again this season, who plays 2 games in a round?

Don't get me wrong Harvey's numbers are pretty impressive.

Reply #151245 | Report this post

Da Dealer  
Years ago

Has he been taking Eccies lately?

Reply #151251 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Da Dealer, not sure about that, but would be a good idea for him to get the Equine Flu shot though...

Reply #151253 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

He was allegedly recorded on a police wire tap some years ago speaking to a West Australian underworld figure, along with a number of prominent West Coast Eagles players.

An article on the topic used to feature on the NBL website here, but is now gone from the new site:

www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4879

Reply #151260 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

out of curiosity, does Harvey have the nickname Jimmy like most James' are called. ala James 'Jimmy' Hird, James 'Jimmy' Bartel.

I've never heard him called it, but thought i'd ask.

Reply #151264 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

out of curiosity, does Harvey have the nickname Jimmy like most James' are called. ala James 'Jimmy' Hird, James 'Jimmy' Bartel.

I've never heard him called it, but thought i'd ask.

Reply #151268 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754