Nathan
Years ago

Defence anyone?

Let me start by saying i am a lover of all things D. Thats why it is so hard to watch the sixers sometimes. Big shout out to Coops, our funk soul blocker but as a team we stink as a defensive unit. Big fan of Davidson and the intent he has shown but i really think the organisation is focussed on scoring and not defending. Our defence of the Tigers was a joke. Not the effort- the strategies. We doubled Anstey EVERYTIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL. How bout we make him put it on the floor before we double? How bout we fake a double team? how bout we swing a double from the weak side? HOW BOUT WE DO ALL OF THESE THINGS AT RANDOM TIMES!!!! We let Melb do exactly what they wanted to do. All that was left was for them to execute it, and they did. Do we need Chappell to score 20 a game for us? Or do we need an athletic, strong, 3 man that can hunt in defence and make life hard for the opposition? Create turnovers that lead to Davidson running and finding Maher in the corner....

Topic #13024 | Report this topic

Nathan  
Years ago

Just thought i would point this out.... Top 4 scorers of last year in the NBA- Kobe, Melo, Arenas and Wade.
Top 4 defenders- Camby, Bowen, Duncan, Marion.
Defence gets you there.

Reply #151630 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You are a week too late. Last nights defence wasn't too bad actually, thanks to the athletic Motram. The only bad thing we keep on doing defensively is letting teams have way too many open 3's.

Reply #151631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What game were you watching last night Nathan? we played south dragons.

week to late

Reply #151634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice work Nathan, you rally are on the ball. All be it, 8 days too late.
Pffffffffffffter.

Reply #151636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe, Carmelo, Arenas... etc etc get doubled all the time... and they were unable to achieve the championship.

What's wrong with that strategy??

Reply #151665 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

Look, you are all saying we played better D against the dragons. Awesome, couldn't be happier. But last time i checked the dragons were the WORST TEAM IN THE COMP. My beef right now is that we don't have a player on our list that we can pencil in to contain the star of other teams. Surely there are Americans out there that are too small to play power positions in the NBA or Europe that could come here and grab boards, set vicious picks and intimidate the other team. That is what we need.

Reply #151799 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754