Nick
Years ago

Sydney Kings New Uniform

Just wondering what people think of the new Sydney Kings uniform. Personally I think its crap, for a second I thought they were wearing their retro jersey. I hate the navy blue down the sides, looks bad with purple and since when has blue been a colour of the Sydney Kings. The gold (and when I say gold I mean gold not yellow) writing looks terrible. In comes blue and out goes yellow. The new away uniform is completely white, I think yellow looks much better for the Kings.

Topic #13036 | Report this topic

Nick  
Years ago

Forgot The Photo:

Reply #151767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you've got too much time on your hands.

Reply #151772 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

considering that all teams are now wearing white away strips, it could be possible that the nbl asked the kings to change to white rather than being the only ones with yellow.

in the nba, the only team to have a colour other than white for their home jersey is the lakers, and that's a historical thing really. but even they were asked to come up with a white alternative a few years back if you don't remember. the kings were the only nbl team with an away jersey that wasn't white. now, they all have white.

now, on to the look of the jersey...i think it's their nicest looking jersey for a couple of years. it absolutely craps on the monstrosity they had last year with stripes everywhere and ridiclous font for names and numbers and that hideously complicated logo they had. they've gone back to the old logo, and kept it pretty simple i think.

i am almost certain that the strip down the side of the jerseys is black...where did you get navy blue from? the gold is a lot more subtle than yellow too.

i am not a kings fan (i live in sydney but won't support them until they treat their fringe players like BJ with more respect and until goorjian is sacked as australian coach). so i'm giving a pretty neutral perspective when i say the jerseys are nice

Reply #151773 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Tigers and Slingers both wear a yellow away uniform, the Sixers used to wear a yellow away uniform up until the 02/03 season. Incidentally we won three championships with a yellow away top...

The NBL should follow the NBA's lead and make the home team wear white and, money permitting make all clubs have an alternative uniform, even if they are retro style or something.

Reply #151774 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

i prefer the way the nbl does it. usually, the coloured uniform is a nicer uniform, whereas the white ones are very plain. i think the home fans should get to watch their teams play in their darker coloured uniforms, as opposed to the very plain white ones. with the kings an razorbacks for instance, the dark uniforms are far nicer than the white ones.

the slingers yellow uni totally slipped my mind, same with the tigers. i don't what the hell i was thinking. but the 6ers havent worn yellow for a few years now

Reply #151775 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

I would rather see sixers in a decent white uniform and the other teams in the darker uniforms. Its boring seeing blue v white week in week out.

Reply #151777 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

you may find the blue boring, but why do you think you wouldn't find the white boring if they wore it every week?

Reply #151780 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

But the other team would change everyweek, which would make it better then Blue v White like it is now.

Reply #151781 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

just reread that. i understand where you're coming from

still think i'd rather watch te kings play in purple than white or the razors in blue rather than white

Reply #151782 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Home fans should be able to watch their team play in their colours rather than just white. I like the way the NBL does it.

Reply #151791 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

hey nick, you just said what i was trying to say but you summed it up a whole lot better fans deserve to see their teams play in their colours

Reply #151812 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

now they look more like violet crumbles so wont be long till they play like them

Reply #151830 | Report this post

hithere1  
Years ago

Wow booga, what an amazing call! What toilet did you pop out of?

Agree with you Nick and MILKY, home team should have home colours.

Reply #151880 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

....Now we just need a decent uniform to wear, rather than the one dollar knock offs we are wearing this season

Reply #151882 | Report this post

ef  
Years ago

Perth's one is nice, we should substitute their red for our blue and the black strip to yellow or red.

Reply #151885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our uniform would be fine if it didn't feature that freakin logo on it. Especially not rond the bloody navel. Having logos on the uniform is old school and looks crap. The logo shouldn't appear on the uniform. The NBA has the best jerseys in the world. Simple, add free and effective. They never ever have logos one them (well, not anymore anyway).

Reply #151894 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

That was very 1990's having the club or team logo on the uniform, Perth, dragons, hawks and Sydney (i think) are the only teams now who don't have their club logo taking up half the uniform. At least Adelaide's uniform is cleaner then Melbourne's which looks like a walking billboard.

Reply #151916 | Report this post

Brendan King  
Years ago

does any one have a photo of the new jersey?

Reply #278474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would, but it's not been developed yet.

Reply #278481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a crock. sydneykings.com.au doesnt exist

Reply #278494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754