Nathan
Years ago

Deron Williams- GUN.

Open invitation from a long suffering jazz fan, get on board for season 07/08. Williams is now ready to be crowned best pg in the league and with our draft pick set to fill a need it is a good time to be on the jazz wagon!!!
Spurs are good, but never repeat.
Dallas is broken and won't be able to recover.
Houston hasn't got a winner on their whole roster.
Phoenix is awesome but the jazz have a great record against them.
Importantly none of the above teams have improved over the off-season and the jazz will be better than last year coz of D-Will's development and our draft pick who can provide the 3pt shooting we lacked last year.
(note i didn't include any teams from the east....and why the hell would i????)

Topic #13047 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Deron Williams - GUN

Surely the most "DUH" comment of the century.

Jazz wont win the title, go close tho.

Reply #151935 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Houston improved with the addition of Scola, James and Steve Francis. Granted the last few seasons he hasn't be Stevie Franchise, but maybe heading home to Houston will motivate him.

The Suns loaded up even more than last year. Yeah, they are awesome and have added Grant Hill and Brian Skinner (underrated big man defender). Will be interesting to see how the Marion thing falls out??? Will it kill the chemistry and what will the Suns get in return IF a trade goes down.

Dallas broken???? Just because they ran into a hot GSW and Nelly knew Dallas like he knows his own pecker I still don't see how they are broken. I think they'll bounce back with a vengance, they have the reigning MVP, plus they should have a serious attitude about what happened last play-offs.

The Jazz will murder their division and I'm tipping conference finals, but at this moment the road to the Championship will still run through Texas or a possible detour via Phoenix. The biggest problem with the Jazz is a serious lack of a decent 2 guard. You won't win the championship with a rookie along with Harpring or Giricek.

Now to Deron, stud in capital letters, but still behind Nash and Kidd and a bees d@@k in front of Paul due to last years performance... IMO...

Why wouldn't you include Boston out of the Eastern Conference, they become a threat and we'll see how they gel and development, but to disregard them is crazy.

Reply #151938 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

Boston, fair call, but they are just so week at the point and at centre. Good teams will just exploit that to death. I think the bulls have potential, the cavs and the heat, but realisticly none of those squads should trouble the winner of the west.

Reply #151941 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Deron is a flat out gun , team that with an emotional AK-47 a laconic turkish sniper and the bounty hunting booze hound and the jazz are for real.
If they could add a tough nosed defender ala Ruben Patterson or trenton hassell they would contend .
Almond sweet treys .
Millsap will be very good also .
J Hart a very underrated back up PG .
Harpring serviceable .
Giricek only when needed .
Brewer and CJ miles need developing .

Reply #151944 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

As a Jazz fan im hoping we go all the way this year but the West still goes very deep and in playoffs anything can happen as we saw in the Dallas Golden State series. Dallas will still challenge this season. They have picked up Eddie Jones and i think he can have a real impact off the bench. What about AK-47? Will he remain in Utah? If so I think the Jazz can make a run for it.

Reply #151945 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

As a jazz fan i lament the loss of raja bell, a player who would fit in to the present squad so well. a shooter with a defensive chip on his shoulder....
As for AK... D-Will has called him out as a player who doesn't do enough at training. He even went as far as to say when faced with an option to pass to AK or another player he knows has been doing extra work on his jump shot, Deron will ignore AK....
So much depends on how AK takes all this critcism, step up or step down...

Reply #151973 | Report this post

Bell didn't get good until he went to phoenix.

Reply #152097 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

Dude, bell was gun for the jazz before he left, just didn't get seen coz we weren't in the playoffs.

Reply #152512 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bell came to life with the Jazz after stints with the 76ers and the Mavs. Any guy that knocks Kobe on his ar$e is good in my books

Reply #152522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:04 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754